Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I found a CPO 2013 LTZ with 17000 at a local dealer for $23,000 I'm sure i can talk them down but I'm worried about the transmission i hear that they are complete trash. I drive mostly highway but when I'm not on the highway its all stop and go with about 6 miles of back road. I drive about 27,000 miles a year so at that rate the 5 year /100000 would run out in a little under 4 years. Thats if i get that with a CPO. So would it be a bad idea to buy this car?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 2012-3 have the 6-speed transmission, not the problematic 4-speed 4T-65E that garners so much chatter. Haven't heard of many negatives on the 6-speed, which apparently has been out a while on other model lines.

IMO, $23K is too much. The 2013 is the end of the line for this generation, with a revised design, etc. due for the 2014 models - so you will be almost immediately out-of-date on purchase. But again, my opinion.

Don't know of any longevity feedback yet on the 3.6L / 6-speed tranny setup - but again, IMO, find a car you really like at a price you're willing to pay, whose reliability promises 200K+ miles without any major snafus - you've got a winner.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i am very happy with my 2012 LTZ i bought as a used rental. no problems so far. after driving other GM cars with the 6 speed, i like whatever software they put into this one the best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your help in clarifying this for me. Makes me feel much better. I was looking at paying no more than 19000 for the car is that a fair price?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
have 2012 ltz with 35000 miles no problems so far, drives great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMO I think you can get a new 2013 Impala LTZ for around $26000 w/ many rebates since the 9th gen Impalas are out.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
19K for a low mileage '13 LTZ in super condition is a fair deal no matter how you slice. it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hello,

I found a CPO 2013 LTZ with 17000 at a local dealer for $23,000 I'm sure i can talk them down but I'm worried about the transmission i hear that they are complete trash. I drive mostly highway but when I'm not on the highway its all stop and go with about 6 miles of back road. I drive about 27,000 miles a year so at that rate the 5 year /100000 would run out in a little under 4 years. Thats if i get that with a CPO. So would it be a bad idea to buy this car?
That's a good deal for a 2013 LTZ Cole. 2013 is the last year that our 8th generation Impalas will be produced. From 2014, they will become Chevy Camrys. The 3.6 L engine is a powerful engine and puts out 300 HP and it has a nice 6-speed transmission that is more reliable than our 4-speeds. Go for it. If I didnt have my 2006, I would get one in a heartbeat. :eek:k3:

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
heck they offered me $12K for mine on trade last week. its a 12 with 12K miles...
My friend just got 13000 on a trade in on his SHO. It was a 2008 SS, 45k miles, okay condition, not great. They lowballed you for sure Kerr.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Well, the thing is that they are selling 2012s with low milage for less than 14k... So, if they gave you much more than 12k, then they wouldn't make any $$$...

Although, I guess that they usually give you more than its worth on trade-in because they make the $$$ on the new one. But, if the new 2014s are in demand (which they seems to be), I guess that they are less willing to give you more for your trade-in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
yea they hit me a nada trade in. bottom line they dropped like crazy.. ill wait a year and see what happens on the new body style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts