Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along with very light throttle you get the occasional feel of driving across "rumble" strips on the side of the road. Either applying more throttle or letting off it will stop. This occurs almost completely random. When I described this to the service advisor at the local Chevy dealership, he said this usually only on on later models. Has anyone else had this issue and what was done to correct the issue? Otherwise all is well , shifting, driving etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Driving along with very light throttle you get the occasional feel of driving across "rumble" strips on the side of the road. Either applying more throttle or letting off it will stop. This occurs almost completely random. When I described this to the service advisor at the local Chevy dealership, he said this usually only on on later models. Has anyone else had this issue and what was done to correct the issue? Otherwise all is well , shifting, driving etc.
Had this on my 2012. You can try doing a direct injection spray cleaning and see if that helps the issue. If it is still there, it will gradually get worse over time. I ended up with a transmission rebuild at 182k, but it took like 1.5 -2 years from that initial random shudder to all the time. Even does it on my rebuild at times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts