Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Himpala 13
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We like this car. we test drove 1/2 Dozen cars and the Impala had the smoothest ride and most roomy comfort of all front seats and the back seat was big enough to accomodate our long legged son. The suprise was my wife liked the way it felt-solid and accelerated when needed. i was just along for ride but boy am i happy she liked it because i do too. I liked the fact it's layout did not have an infotainment center that chimed ,beeped and display 50 bilion. alarms. The other cars we drove: Chysler 200, Dodge avenger, Chevy Malibu, Ford Escape, Ford Fusion and Jeep Patriot. i must admit i have been biased to Ford for years but there infotainment layout just irritates me now. (however the second smoothest was the fusion) I also like the space in the engine compartment, you can access wear parts on this more so than on other cars. We have found that driving in the city we use the L5 setting and Drive when on Freeway (drive in neighborhood periodically knocks if listened closely so that is why i like the L settings), if we are in neighborhood we switch to L3, It works great and we like it. It seems to work good for us. We will be going on a long road trip to see Grandma this holiday and will be interested to see how she preforms on the long road trip.:eek:k3:

·
Himpala 13
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay, here is the report on the holiday roadtrip to inlaws. 30.1 MPG and smooth ride all the way, she really is comfortable for long hauls and performed well on passing and hills. It was nice to pass the smaller cars and we had a few runs thru snowy mountain passes which were a breeze. In my opinion shes a superior highway car and less suited for short city driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts