Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up this 2013 LTZ with 44k on it and lookin to change the trans settings. I already have HP tuners and have downloaded a modified tune from the HPT tune repository Haven't flashed anything yet. I was Just wondering if any of you guys would have any modified files I could look at and possibly download and try out? Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not sure what kind of transmission tune you are looking for. More performance orientated or comfort? I believe @jtrosky has a more comfort orientated tune. I think he increased shift times etc, to make things smooth and comfortable. I believe hp tuners has the option to compare tunes, so you can always look at the stock tune compared to HPT tune and see what changes they made and how it affects things. After that, you can try making small adjustments to get things dialed in exactly how you want them. That is what I would recommend.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Yes, my tune was customized for "comfort", not performance. Although, some of the changes I made accomplished both goals. For example, I modified the driver demand table to make the gas pedal more "responsive" - and also reduced the amount of torque managment, which made the shifts feel better. It can't hurt to take a look at my tune - if you have any questions about *why* I did something, don't hesitate to ask. I am absolutely, 100% a novice tuner. Just learning as I go... Like mentioned above, learned by changing things a little here and there and logging/driving to see how it affected things....

Here is a link to my current tune.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1prKaqT0ldteBZWKKLq6caZ6R2CxvknsM/view?usp=drivesdk

To me, between the shfit point changes, driver demand (pedal sensitivity), TCC lock-up and torque management reduction, the car feels much more responsive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys! Jtrosky thank you as well. I'll take a look and compare them when I get som free time. Yea I'm just kinda looking for slightly better performance. The stock trans tune on these cars I feels holds them back too much. They kind of have a rubber bandy spongy feel to them lol. Yea all I really want is less torque management, quicker/higher shifts and overall better pedal response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Overkill has horrible communication. That's who I would've liked to deal with but doesn't respond to any emails and such. And the thing with trifecta is I already have hptuners so would rather use that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts