Impala Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
They sent me the tune I down loaded there tune to my lap top the cable came in the mail a couple days later I had a full charge on my lap top plugged the cable in to the diagnostic port in the car witch is just under the dash on the driver side plugged the other end into the USB port on my laptop clicked on the trifecta icon on my laptop and downloaded the tune it took about 15-20 minutes

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the same thing your doing I researched until I felt comfortable about Trifecta vrs Overkill tune and for the money (my budget) trifecta was the way to go for me so far I’m happy with the trifecta tune

·
Registered
53 Posts
No just what I read about on this forum.It was a budget decision for me I would love to have the overkill tune with the HP tuner so much more expandable with a lot of research since I don’t know much about tuning.If you have a healthier budget and want to take the time to learn how to tune a car yourself then the Hp tuner is the way to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What kind of impala do you have. I’m riding a 2014 Ltz limited it has the 3.6 what’s your pros and cons of the trifecta

·
Registered
15 Posts
depends how far you want to go with modding. if you just want stock or intake, exhaust, pulley, i think you tell trifecta and they would alter the tune and it would be fine. but if you want the magnaflow hf cats which offer huge gains, and a larger MAF/80mmtb, you will need overkills continued support.
I too went with Trifecta. At the time, I already had a couple of mods(K/N inbox filter/JacFab Spacer) and wanted to do cat back exahaust in the future. So I contacted Trifecta to see if I needed the high dollar custom tune. They told me "no" because those mods on their own don't require any tuning. Now if I was to add the 80mm throttle body which also requires a larger MAF sensor, then a custom tune would be required. So far, my combination works great with no issues. Hope this info helps everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
2012 LT I like how easy it was to install,the price,it was what I could afford plus if I want to throw more money into the car I can have Trifecta upgrade my tune.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was a little put off on what I read about Overkill’s response time with there customers I’m not very patient I heard of people on this site having to wait along time on Overkill to take care of there customers

·
Registered
11 Posts
But how did you like it drive ability wise and performance wise. Noticeable difference in the throttle ? Easy to set between sport,eco, stock ? Can you still use cruise control

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes I like and notice a big difference between stock and the trifecta tune,it woke the car up as far as cruise function and eco I don’t know I haven’t tried either since installing the tune but I will say I haven’t heard of any issues with cruise not functioning

·
Registered
53 Posts
Going from stock to to performance you would have to use your laptop to program back to stock going from performance to eco is as simple as turning your cruise on and off

·
Registered
53 Posts
Going from stock to to performance you would have to use your laptop to program back to stock going from performance to eco is as simple as turning your cruise on and off

41 - 55 of 55 Posts