Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever come across this? car won't start tc light on stabilitrack check engine no tach no speedo no prndl indicator. found a gm service bulletin about this on other gm models about tcm connections issue or wire damage at trans connection but just curious if anyone had this issue with our car and how u solved it. I just bought the car a week ago and was 100% perfect until it wasn't. had oil changed and pass wheel bearing done 2 days before but don't see how that would be related to a can bus comm issue. any info might help! thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
anyone ever come across this? car won't start tc light on stabilitrack check engine no tach no speedo no prndl indicator. found a gm service bulletin about this on other gm models about tcm connections issue or wire damage at trans connection but just curious if anyone had this issue with our car and how u solved it. I just bought the car a week ago and was 100% perfect until it wasn't. had oil changed and pass wheel bearing done 2 days before but don't see how that would be related to a can bus comm issue. any info might help! thanks

I suspect that the wheel speed sensor is damaged and/or the wiring connector or its wiring harness is not secure (or damaged).

Here is a link to a TSB regarding damaged wiring for the 2012 and 2013 Impala: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/MC-10071203-3639.pdf

Please note that this is not a recall or an extended warranty, but rather instructions on how to identify and repair damaged wiring.

The wiring harnesses in various locations can be damaged from chafing, due to poor engineering, poor design and poor assembly.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
^+1. May unplug the wheel speed sensors at the hubs and spray both ends with elec. contact cleaner and then slather with dielectric grease and reconnect. Especially the rf where wheel bearing swap was done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect that the wheel speed sensor is damaged and/or the wiring connector or its wiring harness is not secure (or damaged).

Here is a link to a TSB regarding damaged wiring for the 2012 and 2013 Impala: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/MC-10071203-3639.pdf

Please note that this is not a recall or an extended warranty, but rather instructions on how to identify and repair damaged wiring.

The wiring harnesses in various locations can be damaged from chafing, due to poor engineering, poor design and poor assembly.
I just had the passenger wheel bearing replaced a few days before this happened. I will check this out. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts