Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a 2013 Impala as I recently had one as a rental and came away very impressed with it. I would plan on keeping this car for several years and put on about 15,000 miles a year. In reading about the newer Impalas on this forum, it seems like they are pretty solid and reliable cars. Are there any items in particular to watch out for that are known issues? I have read about wheel bearings and sometimes the battery failing early but was wondering if there are any big items to look out for. They would not necessarily stop me from buying but it would be nice to know what to expect.

Also, does anyone have experience with a trunk mounted bike rack or have you been able to fit a bicycle in the trunk (even if you had to remove the front wheel)?

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
They have only been in impalas for 2012, 2013 so not sure how they will hold up. The 3.6 has been around in other car and appears to be good engine the 6speed trans has also been in other cars and seems alright. The trans is also in ford car, joint developed by gm and ford.
I have 35000 on mine still going strong no problem so far

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If you're planning on buying an Impala, then buy a 2012 or a 2013 LTZ. From 2014, they will look like Camrys. Get your Impala while you can. The 3.6 L overhead cam engine is a great engine and it is used in high quality vehicles like Cadillacs and Camaros as well. It puts out 300 HP and has lots of power. Plus it has a nice 6-speed transmission which is a better quality transmission than the 4-speed that many of us have.

The only thing that I don't like is that it is Front Wheel Drive. A big heavy car like this should be Rear Wheel Drive, to get the full power out of the engine. Otherwise, its a great car and its easy to modify for extra power. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts