Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am wondering I am looking at upgrading my factory 17"Lt rims to the 18" Ltz rims, my 2013 Chevrolet impala is lowered on the canuck motorsports lowering springs would there be any issue with the Ltz rims seeing the offset is higher then my Lt rims

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should not have a problem. The difference between LT and LTZ is dampening. On my 2012 LT I run KYB AGX’s with 235/55-17 Yokos (previously Contis). They have the lowest spring seats of anything out there. The rears are very close, rubs a little paint off on hard cornering, but very little. Factory struts for these cars with larger tires have a little higher spring seat than 8th gen 16” and all 7th gen. I ran Monroes for a little while (70661 and 72471) and AGX fronts r same as Monroe fronts. The diff in the rear is about 3/8-1/2”. The front you can fit your fingers in between. The difference in offset is due to the difference in rim widths (1/2”) FYI, I run a 639 bar in the back with the LTZ front bar. Dorman square trailing arms. If you stiffen up the shocks, go with the softest rear spring u can find. That year OEM rear spring is good!
Anyway, Go for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts