Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 impala and the horn does not work. Fuse under the hood is good. Which wire under the passenger side controls this? I've looked at the schmatics listed on the GMUPFITTERS PDF. I need a clear and concise answer on how to get the horn working again. Thank you

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2004 9C1. There is an extra harness to power the emergency lights, sirens,etc. but it was nowhere close to where my Helms manual showed it up around the blower motor, it's under the passenger side carpet on the floor. There is a power lead for the siren and they had evidently tied it into the horn wiring so they could use the horn button for short siren blasts. When they decommissioned mine they just cut the wire for the siren under the carpet and taped over the exposed end. It had gotten wet and corroded back under the main wire insulation. I cut the wire and trimmed back the insulation until I found clean wire then spliced it back together and insulated it properly with shrink tubing. My horn now works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts