Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, new to this forum and hoping to get some solid advice on my 2013 impala with 3.6L.

Wanting to replace the PVC valve, on several parts searches two very different styles come up. One the the traditional "old school" metal stud push in type. The other is a black all plastic angled type, both made by standard. As per standard's website they both fit my vehicle. Recently bought the black angled one #V546 and new out of the box, it doesn't rattle, defective??

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Hello to all, new to this forum and hoping to get some solid advice on my 2013 impala with 3.6L.

Wanting to replace the PVC valve, on several parts searches two very different styles come up. One the the traditional "old school" metal stud push in type. The other is a black all plastic angled type, both made by standard. As per standard's website they both fit my vehicle. Recently bought the black angled one #V546 and new out of the box, it doesn't rattle, defective??

The valve does not have a spring-loaded anti-backfire pintle inside the valve. It simply has several small holes in the end, which is used as a measured vacuum to remove combustion gases.

Some have reported that the holes clog with “gunk” an need to be cleaned, or the valve replaced. Some have enlarged the holes in an attempt to prevent clogging.

·
Registered
2016 Impala Limited LT. 3.6L Engine. No mods. Bought used (rental) with 46,000 Mi, now had 90,000
356 Posts
From answers I got to a similar question, there are two similarly named parts, but one is the actual PVC and the other is an elbow piece that installs nearby. I still have the same two PCV pieces sitting on my computer desk. Waiting for warmer weather before I take a crack at it. Going to try to clean the MAF and the throttle body at the same time I do the PCV.

Reactions: sheila
1 - 3 of 3 Posts