Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I make my exhaust louder without getting a engine light ? I have no middle resonator and no mufflers and have 2 cats left. Sounds great has a drone but idc any suggestions on what I can do. I want to keep the straight pipe sound

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
How would I make my exhaust louder without getting a engine light ? I have no middle resonator and no mufflers and have 2 cats left. Sounds great has a drone but idc any suggestions on what I can do. I want to keep the straight pipe sound

You could drive with all the windows down, and always drive at full throttle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Drop a 5.3L V8 in it

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only thing that will kill the drone is something to serve as a resonator, be it a glasspak or Flowmaster HP2. If you’ve eliminated the 3rd cat either of those won’t lower the sound much. ZZP also offers a stainless resonator that doesn’t lower sound much but is pretty effective against the drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's a V-6 that was engineered to be as quiet as they could make it, so that does not work in your favor. It's not just the muffler that makes a vehicle quiet. But if you want more noise.. I suppose you could cut off the muffler and put a mini glass pack on there or something?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts