Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum so any guidance is appreciated. I am looking at buying a 2013 Chev Impala LT Fleet and I am trying to confirm if this car has the remote start option on it. The owner only has one single key without any key fobs. He thinks the car has this option but not sure. Can someone assist me in confirming. The VIN# is 2G1WG5E34D1154235. I searched for VIN Decoder Sites but cannot confirm for sure.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this forum so any guidance is appreciated. I am looking at buying a 2013 Chev Impala LT Fleet and I am trying to confirm if this car has the remote start option on it. The owner only has one single key without any key fobs. He thinks the car has this option but not sure. Can someone assist me in confirming. The VIN# is 2G1WG5E34D1154235. I searched for VIN Decoder Sites but cannot confirm for sure.
I did some poking around, but I didn't find any conclusive answer. But you might try some of what I was doing and see if you get a better answer.

I googled for a 2013 Impala RPO code list, and found this one . I searched it for "remote", and got a zillion hits. The ones below are pertinent, but there are so many as to be confusing.

BTV CONTROL REMOTE ENGINE START

KTK LOCK CONTROL SIDE DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK, REMOTE START

RYU ACCESSORY REMOTE START - EXTENDED RANGE

SGY ACCESSORY REMOTE START - TWO WAY ADVANCED - W/ SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY

S6P ACCESSORY REMOTE START KIT

UHA LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE ENTRY PASSIVE, REMOTE START

UHB LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE ENTRY PASSIVE, REMOTE START, SPECIFIC FREQUENCY

UHC LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE ENTRY PASSIVE, REMOTE START, LOW POWER

VBS VEH PERSONALIZATION 2-WAY ADVANCED REMOTE ENGINE START​

My idea was for you to visit the car and look at the RPO code sticker in the trunk to see if the "remote start" RPO is in the list. But I'm not sure what exactly you'd be looking for. All these say "remote start" but the way they are worded leaves me wondering about the meanings.

If I had to guess, I'd say BTV is what you want, but I'm not 100% sure. S6P might be it, too.

Anyway, maybe pay a trip to a dealer and ask one of the service writers if they can tell you what to look for.

One other note: This article indicates that "(S6P) Remote start, LPO" is deleted for 2013. Not sure what to make of that.

HTH.

Doug

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
On my 2012 LT Fleet, the remote start RPO code is:

AP3 - REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM

I would assume it's the same on a 2013 LT Fleet.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
On my 2012 LT Fleet, the remote start RPO code is:

AP3 - REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM

I would assume it's the same on a 2013 LT Fleet.
That reminds me, I meant to add in my earlier post, to search the RPO list I linked for the word "start". There are several more RPO's that come up, including this one.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts