Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing makes my loins quiver............sooooooooooooo sexy! I for one would kill just to take it for a test drive...truly has to be brutal! '

Same LSA engine that is in the Caddy CTS-V, 535hp supercharged 6.2L

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
This thing makes my loins quiver............sooooooooooooo sexy! I for one would kill just to take it for a test drive...truly has to be brutal! '

Same LSA engine that is in the Caddy CTS-V, 535hp supercharged 6.2L

wish i had the $120k for one :p

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
So, the turbos are additional to the supercharger?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I guess so. Pretty insane. It's an add-on.

BTW, the Caddy puts out 556 HP.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bad the $120k version has only 200 more HP lol
ZL1 | SLP Camaro
They should have left the factory with the 7.0L, I was a little disappointed to see the 6.2L being used with that moniker, but it was waaaayyy better than using the Z/28

So, the turbos are additional to the supercharger?
According to the picture on their website, yes! Now that will be a rocket ship!!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew I shoulda double checked....it didn't seem right when I clicked the submit button, I was going off memory. I was so excited over the article I was reading I fumbled on that note.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Haha, all good. It's one of the best performance engines in the world. BTW, the Murcielago does 0-60 in 3.2, CTS-V in 3.9. Damn good.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think GM just likes to keep them different HP just to differentiate them, either that or it had something to do with bullshit emissions standards..

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is actually GM's greatest engine in my opinion, they have extra thick cylinder walls so they can be bored and stroked to the max, extra head bolts to keep it all clamped down under boost.....GMPP has a variant that's 454ci and makes 750hp out of the box NA, then you add the LS9 supercharger system from the vette (bigger than the caddy's) and your off to the races, bi-turbo hennessy, and point it at the moon, your headed for orbit! And there's still room to grow in cid! It's just epic what you can do!

From Wiki:

At the 2006 SEMA show, GM Performance Parts introduced the LSX engine, an all-new cast-iron racing block based on the LS7 engine. It was designed with help from drag racing legend Warren Johnson. It offers displacements ranging from 364 cubic inches to 511 cubic inches (4.25 in (108 mm) Bore x 4.5 in (110 mm) Stroke) and is capable of withstanding 2,500 bhp (1,900 kW). This block incorporates two extra rows of head-bolt holes per bank for increased clamping capacity. The six bolt steel main caps are the same ones used on the LS7 engine. The engine debuted at the auto show in a customized 1969 Camaro owned by Reggie Jackson. The LSX will be available starting the second quarter of 2007, set to be available in authorized dealerships and retailers on March 31, 2007.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
corvette tech SHOULD be shared with the rest of the stable....GM could really benefit from it. They've long had a tradition of keeping the corvette separate from the rest and it's a shame. It's the only sports car produced that doesn't have the gas guzzler tax slapped on it 'cause it's so efficient and gets good mpg's for the power ratings....the corvette and the camaro are the only 2 vehicles they make that also have true dual exhaust as well, I've always known it was possible....they should all have that option!

·
Registered
56 Posts
How about Corvette tech being used for the next-gen Impala and bringing back an SS V8 with numbers similar or above to the CTS-V of today? Or even a 'Vette-tech infused Cruze haha :yahoo:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, being a lower price point, it would never leave the factory faster than a cts-v, no one would buy the caddy then...but, a 505hp ls7 powered impy would sell very well I think!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah GM needs caddy on its own pedestal. It'd be sweet to see a version of the next 'pala with 400-500hp, like trim levels of SS (V8, 400hp), and Impala ZL1 as wild as that sounds (SC V8, 500 ish hp), and maybe even a premium LTZ option with 300 from a new or current camaro v6 or something...who knows...

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
I'm stuck with the first post. This car is orgasmic. I can't pick anything on it that I would personally change if I bought one. Bravo GM.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I want red car in photo...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts