Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have a 2012 3.6 Ltr Impala, Canadian model, not sure if that matters for my question. I am changing the VVT solenoid (also called the Camshaft Position sensor Actuator) in some videos and website. I ordered them from Rock Auto, name and part number as follows:
ULTRA-POWER 917219

I have the old ones out and they look the same size, however when I go to put the new one in, they go in about half away and that is it, they will not go in any further no matter how hard I push. I try turning, wiggling but no luck, cover them in oil before hand to ensure they slide in but still only go in half way. The videos I see on line show the part sliding in with no resistance or effort. Anyone have issues with installing these VVT solenoids, am I missing anything. Anyway I got the wrong ones from ROCK Auto, the box says they are the ones for the Impala 2012 but I cant get it to fit. This is my first time ordering from Rock auto so not sure their listing may be part of the problem or its me.

Thanks everyone

Craig from Newfoundland, Canada

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Hi everyone

I have a 2012 3.6 Ltr Impala, Canadian model, not sure if that matters for my question. I am changing the VVT solenoid (also called the Camshaft Position sensor Actuator) in some videos and website. I ordered them from Rock Auto, name and part number as follows:
ULTRA-POWER 917219

I have the old ones out and they look the same size, however when I go to put the new one in, they go in about half away and that is it, they will not go in any further no matter how hard I push. I try turning, wiggling but no luck, cover them in oil before hand to ensure they slide in but still only go in half way. The videos I see on line show the part sliding in with no resistance or effort. Anyone have issues with installing these VVT solenoids, am I missing anything. Anyway I got the wrong ones from ROCK Auto, the box says they are the ones for the Impala 2012 but I cant get it to fit. This is my first time ordering from Rock auto so not sure their listing may be part of the problem or its me.

Thanks everyone

Craig from Newfoundland, Canada

As you have learned - aftermarket parts often do not fit or function as original one do.

I would suggest buying ACDelco OEM parts for your car.

I have NO connection to GM or ACDelco - other than owning and fixing my GM cars for about 50 years, and always using OEM parts.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
^ Craig, following this. I've used many economical Ultra-Power parts from Rockauto in the past with never an issue with fit/form/function. Latest being a window regulator/motor/switch. Please keep us updated on the resolution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts