Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First time posting so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this but I was hoping the great minds on this forum could answer a question for me.

I am going to replace the oil control valve for the exhaust camshaft on bank 2 and the replacement I ordered did not come with an sort of gasket or o-ring. I took the old one out and it does not appear to have any sort of o-ring on it either. I've searched the internet and it doesn't look like it needs one but I thought I would confirm this before I put the new one in.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Hi all,

First time posting so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this but I was hoping the great minds on this forum could answer a question for me.

I am going to replace the oil control valve for the exhaust camshaft on bank 2 and the replacement I ordered did not come with an sort of gasket or o-ring. I took the old one out and it does not appear to have any sort of o-ring on it either. I've searched the internet and it doesn't look like it needs one but I thought I would confirm this before I put the new one in.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks.

Did you buy an OEM ACDelco valve, or aftermarket?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you buy an OEM ACDelco valve, or aftermarket?
It's an aftermarket but it has the correct replacement part numbers to the OEM, as far as I can see.

I went back and took a closer look at the manual and I see there is a seal, I'm not sure why the replacement procedure for the valve doesn't show replacing it. I also took a look at the engine and the old seal that is on there is definitely done so I've ordered a replacement.

It took some wrestling but I managed to get the old one removed. If you have any tips or suggestions for installing the new seal and valve that would be much appreciated!

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts