Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the first type with 45 degree inlet and the newer version with 90 degree inlet. Besides the obvious (angle of spout) why was it updated to 90 degrees?

Mine has sprung a leak and the one i can get shipped fasted is the 45 degree one. My car currently has the 90 on it.

Can this be used?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the first type with 45 degree inlet and the newer version with 90 degree inlet. Besides the obvious (angle of spout) why was it updated to 90 degrees?

Mine has sprung a leak and the one i can get shipped fasted is the 45 degree one. My car currently has the 90 on it.

Can this be used?
I poked around some and found, on Oreilly's website, mention of both types. But, even assuming their pics are correct, I can't determine the impact.

If you can find a store that has the 45° one, maybe take a look at it and compare it with yours to see how the different angle may affect things. My first thought is that it will tend to cause the hose to be pinched.

If that's not feasible, my next thought is to wait it out to get the 90° unit, because, if you order the 45° one and it turns out to not work, you'll be in even worse shape having to swap it out for the one that does. Besides the added delay, it could cost you 3x shipping, too.

Doug

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked to see if maybe another upper hose were available but only found the one type. 45 may or may not work out.

Think im going to just eat it and pick up the 90 from dealer in the morning. Almost 100$ difference but i know it will work out ok.

If i waited for the 90 later next week i would pay more than id save by commuting in the f150.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
230$ later...New radiator in and no more leaks.

No tips for anyone other than be prepared to get pissed at the cooling fans during removal.

I broke one of the finger shield guard things around one of the fans....very tight fit pulling it out.

Chrome metal tubing in front of engine made for a tight squeeze. I guess that could have been removed to make it easier. I was rushing the end of daylight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts