Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I found in the 2012 Chevrolet Municipal Vehicles Technical Manual on page 72 it mentions a "Trunk Auxiliary Battery Power Junction Block" and a "Trunk Ground Stud" that are located "on the passenger side support strut behind the rear wheel housing" of the Impala 9C1 and 9C3.

Would anyone mind sharing a picture of these items? Bonus points if you can show how the 2 red 8 gauge wires are routed all the way to the other end under the hood. They each SHOULD run up the passenger side near the base of the door pillar and then to a Fusible Link after which they join to a single ring terminal. If anyone has the part numbers available for any of the hardware used in this as well that would be amazing!

I need to run +12VDC to the trunk of my '12 LTZ and would like to replicate the OEM wiring as much as possible.

Thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a 2008 9C3 and the stud is there, as well as the wiring and junction box IIRC. Some of these types of options were added by Kerr Industries in Canada as they are the GM Police Equipment upfitter for Chevrolet and others. You could call them and they might be able to give you the exact parts or part numbers in addition to the wiring schematic for this option. Mine had an option for red flashing lights mounted to the underside of the trunk lid. Since mine was sent to Kerr Industries for unfitting, they knew exactly what I needed. They sold me a pair of lights with the harness and flasher for a good deal! I was returning mine to it’s original service configuration, except for the blue lights of course! I received excellent service from these guys and they were very, very helpful,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts