Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about for my first project on my car to install lights underneath it, any suggestions on color for an imperial blue impala??

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
since blue would look best but is highly Illegal, I would go white. but it would be hard to resist going with blue neons on a blue car :eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Blue is reserved for police,along with red being for fire/ems. Underglow kits are for off road use only in most states. read the legality at the bottom of the page

http://www.streetglow.com/site/storepolicies.html

they are cool for shows, even use just looking good in parking lots and such. As soon as you touch a main road tho police can bust you if they are on.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Get a million color under glow kit. Then you can have whatever. Also check out longshotlighting.com they are in my.city and offer some high quality kits and hids also

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like them, I had them on my RX8. Drove from LAX 120 miles home, police passed me with no problem....now if you were to have blue and red then you might be looking at trouble.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I think it is a fad whose time has passed quite honestly....... I think it looks neat on some cars, like the RX8 or Supra, but not necessarily an Impala. If you are going to do it anyway, I would go with black underlighting. ;)

·
Banned
748 Posts
I think it is a fad whose time has passed quite honestly....... I think it looks neat on some cars, like the RX8 or Supra, but not necessarily an Impala. If you are going to do it anyway, I would go with black underlighting. ;)
LoL yaa get a uv light or something so the white debris on the road get lit and when you get pulled over tell its the roads fault that its got some white stuff on it.. you might have to drive really close to the line on the road to make it glow while you go..

but personally i would just get undercarriage light that only lights up when initially car gets turned on and shuts off when you start driving the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im still gonna do it, just to kinda get a feel for working on a car somewhat. Im doing all this to get familiarized with the inner workings of vehicles. Thank you for all the input everyone!!!

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Im still gonna do it, just to kinda get a feel for working on a car somewhat. Im doing all this to get familiarized with the inner workings of vehicles. Thank you for all the input everyone!!!
If this is your reasoning, go with the interior lighting (under the dash) like so:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Wow, that looks cool as shit, never seen it though. Something else ill try to do, thanks RYD SLO!
x2 where do you tap into so it works with the other interior lights? and do you need to change the fuse to a higher amp? lighting in my Impala sucks!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
It'd be sick with the interiors cause they'd go on with the unlock/door open. Grand entrance.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Wow, that looks cool as shit, never seen it though. Something else ill try to do, thanks RYD SLO!
No problem man. Its a good alternative to underglow because 1) you can actually look at it while you're in the car and 2) it's not nearly as illegal as underglow. Now these aren't necessarily legal, but its hard for anyone to even see them from car level (cop) anyways.

x2 where do you tap into so it works with the other interior lights? and do you need to change the fuse to a higher amp? lighting in my Impala sucks!!!
I wired a switch to the 12v cig plug in the front. Switch is in the center console, concealed.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I have a bench :bang: no center console or plug. my plugs are in the ashtray under the dash

·
Banned
748 Posts
I have a bench :bang: no center console or plug. my plugs are in the ashtray under the dash
LoL if i am not mistaken i got like 4 12 v plugs 2 in the centre. sucks to be u

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts