Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Not appealing here, but to each their own.

Reactions: metaltexan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Trash

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
No bueno.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I would really like a sportier hood for my 2012, but I do NOT like this stingray hood... I would like a hood with just a simple "bulge" or hood-scoop. Something similar to the Grand National hood - very understated, but still makes an impression and looks sporty.

This Stingray hood is just ugly to me...

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
I would really like a sportier hood for my 2012, but I do NOT like this stingray hood... I would like a hood with just a simple "bulge" or hood-scoop. Something similar to the Grand National hood - very understated, but still makes an impression and looks sporty.

I do think a small power bulge would look decent. Or, you could add the hood portholes like our last two Buicks have......... I'm joking. They are ridiculous fake tack ons.

·
Registered
410 Posts

I agree. Even just taking out that vent/fin area makes it look drastically better (rough paint sketch below). If they could do one color with a hood like below I think that would look decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am 50/50, if the vents were behind the scoop, that might be cooler. but is a style tasting of the corvette,,,
but,, with the added body kit??
hmmm...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree, I think this looks a little OVER done. (but if that was the look you were going for that'd be fine, to each their own.)
I think a small scoop or raised section would look slick as I too think the stock hoods look somewhat bland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts