Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My impala seems to jerk the steering wheel when you floor it. Is there any after market device I can put on it to help control this. Almost like you need to hold on with two hands when you floor of from a stop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always had silverado, guess I just need sometime to get used to it. Almost found out about torque steer the hard way....

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
If you are going straight not to bad if you are use to it. If turning it can get interesting real quick especially on rain or snow. Take a little time to get use from rwd to fwd, but once there switching back and forth No Problem.

Enjoy the new ride.:eek:k3:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
As volume said, its because all the power hits one wheel and pulls that way. My passenger side does this all the time. Not sure if yours has a preference or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it pulls to passenger's side, but if you try to shoot out of a stop lane into traffic the car will almost rip the steering out of your hands

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You can try adding a leather steering wheel cover. I put one on my Impala and it's much easier to control the beast with more wheel to grip.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pontiac worked with a tire maker to get specific tires for the GP GXP to minimize the torque steer.
Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver

Tires can make a huge difference, I'd replace the crap Badyear RS-A with some Conti Extreme Contact DWS. I used them on my GXP and tork steer was minimal.

When you're used to it, you may find torque steer a somewhat pleasant experience.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is something you can buy...

A rwd car.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It is normal, they have been trying to fight it for years now. Its the nature of the beast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts