Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to pull the rear seats out of my Impala. I’ve gotten out the nuts and bolts that sit between the seat belt receptacles. I’ve also found the T-Bars under the seat and have pulled them, but for some reason the back seat is still stuck down. Any solutions my Impala Pals?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I’m trying to pull the rear seats out of my Impala. I’ve gotten out the nuts and bolts that sit between the seat belt receptacles. I’ve also found the T-Bars under the seat and have pulled them, but for some reason the back seat is still stuck down. Any solutions my Impala Pals?
You have the seat bottom removed, right?

Can you swing the bottom end of the seat back forward? That indicates you have removed all the fasteners along its bottom side.

After that, there are three hooks that stick out from the sheet metal. They are positioned a few inches down from the rear package tray.

You have to slide the seat back up in order for it to be free of those three hooks. If you're still not sure about them, you might get in the trunk with a flash light and try to locate them.

Anyway, once you know where they are, it can still be a wrestling match getting the seat back to slide up and release, but keep at it - it will come loose.

HTH.

And welcome to the forum :)

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts