Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 impala Lt,24k, has remote start. today i left to church , came back home , left to the store, when i crank her to start she wont turn over. (key gets stuck in ignition) i get a jump and she starts before i attach the cables securely. i drive off and make it home, but as soon as i turn it off the same issue happened( key stuck in the ignition ):WTF: any suggestions ? i could use

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
719chevyboi, was lugs' link helpful to you? I hope you'll let us know how your Impala is running currently when you get the chance. And if you have any lingering concerns, don't hesitate to send me a private message for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Still under warranty let dealer fix it

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Early failure Delco.......

·
Registered
222 Posts
What was the battery voltage at the time?

Was the ignition cylinder actually stuck? Sometimes if the shifter park interlock gets buggered up, you won't be able to turn the key to Lock to remove it.

Modern cars have a small removable trim piece that allows you to insert a screwdriver to get the lock cylinder to Lock to remove the key. Every model is different, the owner manual will document how this procedure is done.

I have my 2012 on a Battery Minder nightly and sometimes it takes 3 hours before it switches from Charge to Maintain. The year old Napa Duracell Extended Heat Protection battery in my FJ Cruiser makes the same transition in 10 minutes.

Am wondering about the quality of the new GM batteries as well. If it gives even a hint of acting up, out it goes. I would never chance extra strain on an alternator, or being stranded in BFE, over a gimpy battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 LT just started doing this. What a Pita. Bought it used from a dealer this spring. Couple of weeks after I got it, it wouldn't shift out of park for about a half hour. Finally got it in gear and down to the dealer. They couldn't get it to do it again. Didn't have any more problems until this past week. Key got stuck in the ignition when I got to work. Drove around in circles a couple of times in different gears till it released. Today it got stuck again until I turned the car around in reverse. When I got home it stuck again. Finally released after pulling up on the shift lever. I'm really wanting to love this car but stuff like this almost makes me want my old F**d back... ;^(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts