Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey that sounds great. I have been researching and listening to a lot of exhaust videos for 12 impalas. this is the best sounding 3.6 I have heard yet. did you use 2.25" ? offset in center out? I am curious, because I believe the in/out location affects the sound. I would appreciate your input please and thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow man that sounds great!

I actually just did this to mine last night. It's a 2012 LTZ and I put on dual Flowmaster 40's. then after a few start-ups and revs we took out the resonator as well. Sounds like a little beast now :)

Josh

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess it's all a matter of personal taste really. I like the chrome a lot. I also like the exhaust tips I chose. It's fine that you don't Mr Ejbiers.

I'm really happy with how it sounds. I could've gone louder with the 44's or 50's, but I really didn't want the loud interior drone. The 40's offer that balance that I was looking for.

Josh

·
Registered
110 Posts
too much chome. looks too tacky and cheap looking.

also you have round exhaust cutouts. the square tips is killing my OCD

Alan

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
does anyone have a part number for these muffs??????
It depends on what size inlet and outlet, and center or offset inlet and outlet... maybe someone who has them - on both a stock AND an aftermarket, bigger exhaust can tell us... It's one of the things I need to know as well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts