Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone has been living under an automotive rock... :lol: I figured i'd give everyone a chance to see the next American Supercar! I present, the 2012 Hennessey Venom GT!

Performance
0 – 60 mph 2.5 sec.
1/4 Mile 9.9 sec. @ 162 mph
0 – 200 mph 15.9 sec. (Bugatti Veyron = 24.2 sec.)
Top Speed 275 mph

Power
Horsepower 1,200 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
Torque 1,155 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
Specific Output 166 bhp / Liter
Bhp / Weight 767.23 hp per ton or 2.61 lbs / hp
Boost 16 psi (1.1 bar)
Fuel 93 octane

Engine
Type V8
Block Aluminum
Size 376 CID (6.2 Liter)
Position Mid Longitudinal
Compression 8.8:1
Redline 7,200 rpm
Forced Induction Twin Garrett Ball Bearing Turbochargers
Oiling System Dry Sump Lubrication
Fuel System Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection

Transmission
Type Ricardo 6-Speed Manual
Gear Ratios 2.61:1, 1.71:1, 1.23:1, 0.94:1, 0.77:1, 0.63:1
Final Drive 3.36:1

Brakes

Calipers Brembo 6-Piston (all four corners)
Rotors 15.0 x 1.34 in. Carbon Ceramic (all four corners)

Suspension
Type KW Variant 3 Adjustable Coilover (all four corners)
Ride Height Adjustable by 2.4 inches (60 mm)

Dimensions

Length 15.27 ft. (4,655 mm)
Width 6.43 ft. (1,960 mm)
Wheelbase 110.24 in. (2,800 mm)
Track – Front 63.46 in. (1,612 mm)
Track – Rear 63.15 in. (1,604 mm)

Body
Material Carbon fiber composite except doors & roof
Type 2-door

Weights & Measures
Curb Weight 2,685 lbs (1,220 kilo)
Dry Weight 2,524 lbs (1,147 kilo)
F / R Balance 37 / 63 (empty); 44 / 56 (with driver & passenger)
Fuel Capacity 18.5 gal. (70 Liter)

Wheels & Tires
Tire – Front 255/30/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Tire – Rear 345/30/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Wheel – Front 9.5 x 20 in.
Wheel – Rear 12.5 x 20 in.

^YES THAT'S A 270 MPH GAUGE... NOT JUST FOR SHOW :cool: :WTF:^

I realize some haters out there might say that it's not a true American supercar because it's in a Lotus body.. The reality is there isn't much Lotus left. The body has been changed to carbon fiber, widened a ton and also lengthened. It is also running a Chevrolet motor, and will soon be running a Ford transmission (out of the Ford GT). So this is, without a doubt, our all american Bugatti killer! :eek:k3:

FYI, for those who would like to order, start saving now because it even has a supercar price... of $900k. So if you have the money for this then these smilies are for you! lol
:notworthy: :wav: :notworthy:

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I was gonna say (until I read the bottom) "looks...sorta... like... a lotus?" lol

Ehhh I could dig it I guess, but in my heart, the Viper is the ONLY american super car (that I can think of at the moment lol)!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
then there ya go, now I can respect that lol I never really read much about Hennessy, so I don't know the history of it.

I gotta say, that 270 gauge means business... O__O

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venom Beats Veyron!

This was the first famous "Venom" by Hennessey before they turned it into a production vehicle... before that it was just a Viper upgrade.

0-200 mph Bugatti Veyron - 24.2s
0-200 mph Venom (Viper upgrade) - 20.3s
0-200 mph Venom GT - 15.9s

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
hot damn...

Oh and for the record, I just thought the Corvette ZR1 (or the Corvette in general) is another American Supercar

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I rode in my neighbor's 2008 base model and.... at 180, pushing to go faster, I can say... it's a supercar.... lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I wish they would come up with an original design, I feel like we can't really have credit for making this car when its just pieces of a bunch of other cars.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
true- I agree. I guess that's why I was a little iffy about it being an american supercar. while the power will be surreal, it will constantly be in debate as to who really made more fo the car being that it's all embodied in a euro designed shell and frame

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't forget about the Ford GT. That thing is a sexy beast. :D

So this has a top speed of 275mph? Holy crap, I didn't think I would see the Veyron knocked off as the World's fastest production car.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Its a Lotus...? When someone releases a real production car with remote lock and parking sensors that makes 270mph and that my mom can drive to the store - then its a supercar. Thats what I think. But this is a really cool car. Cant say anything else.

Veyron is still in another dimension. As is Ford GT and ofcourse the other European car manufacturers. Carrera GT, Lambo., Koenigsegg etc... This feels/looks more like a kit car.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
this thing is ugly, aside from that, I would love to see what it's like to go 270mph!

as far as the veyron goes, it's a big pig that goes reeeeeeally fast....not much by way of style in my opinion...

The ford GT? eh....not all that impressive when compared to the others being discussed, it'd def a shit ton slower, but it does look pretty good..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Ford GT on TopGear - the British version. Funny shit. Then he bought one and really hated it so much he returned it, then missed it and bought it back... LOL!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
not really a ford fan to begin with (other than the mustang, but I don't consider that a ford :p) but the Ford Gt is "meh" in my book... not something I'd want to be seen driving in lol

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish they would come up with an original design, I feel like we can't really have credit for making this car when its just pieces of a bunch of other cars.
Hennessey actually came up with designs and concepts for making their own "original" design. The problem is for an original design the dash and interior can cost almost as much as the entire Lotus Exige just from the design, to validation, to production. I work at an engineering technology center and trust me concept parts literally cost 10x what they are in production. And considering how little volume they will produce of this car, an original design just doesn't make sense and can't be justified when it comes to cost.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
yeah I mean look at the price already, can you imagine if they produced everything from scratch? It's crazy when you think about it...

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
not to mention, if there's something out there that can do the job, why not use it instead of wasting resources on making your own. Plus, all the manufacturers share technology, it's a well kept secret actually. They buy their wares instead of making their own, Ford's hybrid tech is bought from Toyota, that's why GM's volt is so damned expensive compared to others, GM made their own tech.

And there's always the notion that car companies in fact don't make cars, they assemble them. They use parts from many different companies.

It's tough to face, but that's one of the reasons why the bailouts were necissary, it's not just them that would have been out of business and not just their employees that would have been out of a job, but a shit ton of supporting businesses that would have gone under and people without jobs, millions would have been fucked in a matter of months, it would have been a huge blow to the economy far worse than we faced..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Bailouts - Fail!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts