Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the car I noticed paint wear on top edge of driver door. Opens/closes fine.

Sitting outside today I was looking at car...

Help please, suggestions on how to lower it/adjust.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello
My passenger front door appears that it’s not all the way closed. I started at driver door and loosened that metal latch on the front of the pillar between front and rear doors. I lubed the screws and replaced, then the rear. As I moved to passenger side I realized the must’ve used some adhesive on that side bc I could not get either front or rear out.
I’d hoped I’d have been able to push that latch hook thing in further to see if the door would rest closer to what seems normal. Unfortunately I could not break the adhesive.
Maybe yours just needs this kind of adjustment? Or maybe on the hinge side but, I can’t help w that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine latches and closes fine...I just noticed the door sit "up" as apposed to level with rear door.

Top/Forward part of door frame has pain wear. I'm assuming it's because the door is to high

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine latches fine too.
Maybe you have a body shop friend or someone who knows more will answer.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
When I bought the car I noticed paint wear on top edge of driver door. Opens/closes fine.

Sitting outside today I was looking at car...

Help please, suggestions on how to lower it/adjust.

If you’re referencing the top left of the door, by the mirror, with a gap visible in the photo - you may have an issue with the LF fender alignment (not the door). Has the fender been replaced? If so, was an OEM GM part used - or an aftermarket part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine latches and closes fine...I just noticed the door sit "up" as apposed to level with rear door.

Top/Forward part of door frame has pain wear. I'm assuming it's because the door is to high
Ha! None my doors line up perfectly on my 13 and 16 impala.but ive never adjusted them.the hinges do have some play to help with that.yoi can move the lower hinge like 1/8th inch and affect the back of the door like 1/4 inch or more as a guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts