Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO I HAVE 2012 CHEVY IMPALA LT 3.6 V6. WELL LAST WEEK I TOOK MY CAR TO GET STAR SMOG CHECK AND DIDNT PASS BECAUSE IT SAID " NOT READY " BECAUSE OF MY OXYGEN SENSOR .... I GOT MY INNOVA 3020d SCANNER IN ALSO GOT 2 CODES WHICH ARE U0101 AND U0100.... AND YES MY BATTERY DID DIE I ALSO WENT BUY 4 OXYGEN SENSOR GOT THEM ON DID THE DRIVE CYCLE 3 DAY IN THE ROLL DROVE 100 MILE FOR 3 DAYS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT IF YOU HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Turn off your CapsLock. You're SHOUTING!!

All caps makes it damn hard to read too.

U100 means the ECM or PCM has lost communication with a module. This can be intermittent or no communication. It's not specific.
U101 means the module not communicating is the TCM.

My first guess is rodents. Open the air cleaner box and suck out the mice then fix the damage the mouse urine and chewing has caused.
Mice and rats are filthy nasty destructive critters that urinate everywhere they go to leave a scent trail for their buddies. They carry hantavirus among other nasty virulent pathogens. CDC - Hantavirus
If I am correct and you have an infestation I would highly recommend washing the airbox, engine bay, and your shop vac out with Clorox after you dispose of the nest in a fire.
Replace the air filter they've been chewing and urinating on too.

I'd put some cotton balls soaked in Peppermint oil in the airbox and various other places under the hood and in the cowl. Replace them every month or so to keep the little bastiges out of your car.

If your airbox is full of rodent nesting I'd also open the cowl and suck out the nest they built on top of the cabin filter. If you can't smell rodent urine yet they haven't invaded the actual cabin. If they've turned the whole cowl into a warren you'll have to remove the LH cowl panel to get to the whole nest and wash it out with Clorox as well.
Activated carbon cabin filters are not their favorite thing to chew on. I use Fram Fresh Breeze cabin air filters for this very reason. A sheet of hardware cloth will keep them from climbing in through the fan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts