1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
i think ima become a police officer jus so i can get issued one and then quit

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
that was epicly awesome! Thanks for posting....I thought the end tag line was perfect!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
what don't last? the tires? cause after a burnout like that, I wouldn't think so.

Point of fact, the Holden Caprice is used in a number of countries by governmental big wigs, dignitaries, and a number of officials. The Holden version is very swanky and upscale. And it's quite large, which is why they all use it.

When GM brought it here, they stripped it down and uglified it for Patrol Duty..

some photos of the Holden version:

as you can see, a very nice car indeed, for reference, this is what we got :/

·
Registered
241 Posts
I drove one. The local police department ordered 5 & 2 had to be striped I did 1 of them. There okay. Not as fast as you would think for ls2, heavy ass car. Kinda funny looking if you ask me. 18 inch steelies. Looks like in impala & malibu mixed.

G

·
0 Posts
I drove one. The local police department ordered 5 & 2 had to be striped I did 1 of them. There okay. Not as fast as you would think for ls2, heavy ass car. Kinda funny looking if you ask me. 18 inch steelies. Looks like in impala & malibu mixed.
thats the same thing i said

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what don't last? the tires? cause after a burnout like that, I wouldn't think so.
Haha i more meant because of the "street drifting" it won't last long cause they're gonna wreck it like crazy

G

·
0 Posts

why did 2 have to be stripped

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
There okay. Not as fast as you would think for ls2, heavy ass car.
well they are basically a G8 GT but a longer wheelbase, and those guys have been getting some crazy numbers out of their LS2's with the basics, exhaust, intake, and tuning..

why did 2 have to be stripped
:lol: striped, not stripped.....he means like all the decals and shit that say PO PO on the side.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah striped* lol. Yeah it was a pain cause the decals were ment for 8th gen & 7th gen impalas so had to cut here cut there. Pain in the ass. Ls2 is a good motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
The LS stuff has good power from the factory just that a lot gets hidden in things like torque management.

a LOT of power can be released relatively easily once you start tinkering.

I don't specifically know about the torque management on that car but I know on many of the trucks if you mash the pedal from a stop it takes 3 full seconds to open the TB all the way. The TB is perfectly capable of instant response, this delay is programmed into the computer to limit stress on the drivetrain(warranty claims).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts