Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As far as I know I am the 1st person to put one of these on an Impala. I wasn't 100% sure it would fit. I looked on rock auto to determine if the Impala and Camaro pulleys PN# were the same, they were not, HOWEVER there was a premium OEM replacement pulley pn# PB1509N, and it was listed for both cars.

I figured that if one would fit both cars, then the SLP underdrive pulley (made by powerbond) would fit as well.

From pictures I have seen the only difference between the Impala pulley and the Camaro is the Impala has 3 spokes and the Camaro 6.

They are supposed to be good for 6whp and 4wtq.

Chevy actually sold them on the SLP 327 Camaros from the factory, so they will not void the warranty.

Stock pulley is actually lighter, about 5lbs, vs. the SLP at 6 lbs. Which I thought was strange, but after researching things, the powerbond UD pulleys for Corvettes and other GM v8's are all heavier as well, the gains come from underdriving the accessories, and since the weight is closer to the center of the HUB the parasitic loss from rotation inertia, is the same or better than stock.

I just put it on last night, but the car does seem a little more responsive, and I have had no charging issues, I do not however have any subs or amps.

pulley is PN# 100232A, they normally go for about $250 but I got it on sale around cyber Monday from Marylandspeed.com for around $200.

It took me a couple of tries, but the belt you want is pn# K060926.

pics of stock vs. SLP

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats on getting the right belt size and being the first to give it a try!

Looks like a significant size difference. Absolutely no reason it shouldn't be worth a solid 4-6 wheel horse and across the entire rpm range.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi, I installed the SLP UDP yesterday, and the belt that you listed was too small. I installed the Gates Micro-V belt PN:K060930 and it working perfectly.

There is a definitely at least 6fwhp and 4fwtq. I will be verifying this Saturday at the track.

Mods also done on MY2013 Impala

TRIFECTA Tune
K&N CAI PN:69-4526TS
VMAX Spiral bore TB
TAYLOR Helix Power plus TB spacer PN:36015
Autolite XP Iridium spark plugs PN: XP5224
I Slightly polish the sandwich intake manifold (did not required much)
Magnaflow exhaust PN:15197
Canuck Motorsports Sport Springs PN:21-2721
KYB Mount Components PN: SM5399 and SM5398
KYB Exel-G Strut Front PN: 339015 and Rear PN: 339148
MOOG front link kit PN:K700527
DTS Front Calipers (2" pistons (vs 1.75")) (A1 Cardone) PN: 18-B5025 and 18-B5024
Power Stop 9C1/9C3 Rotors and pads kit PN: K5514 (Includes Z16 pads PN 16-1159 and 16-999)

Future:
Data Logging with John H (Ottawa-Gatineau) Trifecta tuner
MACE or JacFab Isolator for the intake manifold
ZEX Nitrous Kit (small shot)
Carbon firber dash kit from Remin

You can also search my car and contact me on fuelly.com under IMPALA LTS in the 2013

Cheers and I hope this info helps

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool to see someone else is trying this, let me know how you run at the track. Strange that the belt I used didn't work for you, but glad you got it figured out all the same!

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I thought that the Trifecta tune didn't work very well with a ported throttle body (at least that is what another member experienced). Trifecta said that they were working on a patch now - curious if you have any issues (issues were at high RPMs, I believe).

Or did you have Trifecta modify your tune already somehow?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Trifecta was the best bang for the buck that I ever install in the MY 2013 Impala.
I went .335 sec and 1.95MPH instantly faster at the track.

I dyno'ed my car at Campeau Electrique in Gatineau (other side of Ottawa River) it's a Mustang Dyno, so numbers are on the low side.

Stock: 220 [email protected],157rpm and 212 [email protected],016rpm (Note power was climbing up, but, it up shift when it reaches 6,157rpm.

W/intake and exhaust, power when up at 234 WHP and 221wtq (same issue w/rpm)
I have no dyno numbers with the VMAX and TAYLOR TB? But I did go faster at the track by 0.127 sec and 0.576 mph with the humidex at 37 degrees Celcius.

So my best stock ET (full interior) was 15.2 sec, Today all minus SLP UDP, 14.197 @ 98.17 MPH at the Luskville Dragway witch is known to be slower than Sanair (Qc) or other track down south.

Note: with the SLP, my tach now passes the 7K mark, I’m not sure until where, but the needle seams to theatrically reach about 7,200rpm. Before, it would probably reach 6,800rpm before shifting.

I hope next week to get an appointment and dyno all the stuff since I install the TB’s mods and the Trifecta. But man, the car pulls hard. And the look on people faces at the track is priceless!

·
Registered
353 Posts

Will P,

Thank you very much to confirm my search about the SLP pulley, alwaysreassuring to have confirmation before a part purchase. That is why I listedall the parts installed in case of other W-body LFX owners wish to modify theirrides.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
@ImpalaLFX13 - so you didn't have any issues with the Trifecta tune even with the ported throttle body? That's strange since another Trifecta use actually had to go back to their stock throttle body after installing the Trifecta tune...

Just wondering why the results were different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
353 Posts
Jtrosky,
No issues with the VMAX TB, all-around performance is improved when I installed the Trifecta tuner, mpg was also better (0.631 L/100KM in over 3,833km) due of low end torque gains.

Note: I forgot to mention that I did cut the air diffuser in the entrance of the intake where the TB gets bolted on. Was fairly easy, it's in plastic and only 3 little bars to cut. Make a whistle noise after your remove that air restriction. Strangely, after the install of the Taylor Helix power TB spacer, the noises disappear! But there is a very small twist of air noise that remains presents.

I'm planning to do some data logging with John ([email protected]) to see if we can improve and squeeze furthermore the top end power gains, because, believe me, huge gains are present under the curve (view it on WOT-Tuning web site) and they are all there, maybe a bit more or less with my already existing exhaust/intake mods?

Suck's about your friend having issues with the VMAX. I actually ad an issue with one of their distributers, I never got my core charges credit back by EFI Tuning Concepts LLC ($200 USD), emailed them 6 times and it’s been over a year now and I gave up. So, the only advice is to find another supplier for the VMAX TB. Also, for about 6 months I was driving on ZZP springs, but the ride was too rough, so I switch to Can-auk Motorsports. Also, Overkill makes good tune, but good luck to get service or an answer back. I got an answer in less than 3 hours with TTO, and 72 hrs. Later, John showed up at a Tim Horton near you with the tune. Took about 25 minutes and off I go.
Note: fuel I only use is Vpower from Shell. Maybe more gains can be achieved with Ultra94 from Sunoco/Petro Can?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Damn us 2006-2011 Imp owners got the shaft when it comes to getting power upgrades, We don't have that option to install cool underdrive pulleys :( Not that I know of.

·
Registered
353 Posts
2007Imp250,

yeah, I understand, the only Impala's I owned where the 94SS and the 06SS. I understand, even the 3.5 and 3.9 not the best to modify, but there is always stuff you can do. But, the 3.6 LFX is a beast of it's own, light and revs, plus the 6 speed, takes off quick off line (even with 2.44 FD).
You can verify, but all the suspension and brakes upgrades listed on my first message would/may fit your car? Make sure you have the 17" rims, the calipers of the DTS will not clear the 16".

Good luck

·
Registered
743 Posts
15.2 with the 3.6l? Seems a little slow others on this site have got 14.3-14.5

·
Registered
743 Posts
Youd be the first in this forum to make a 3.6l imp go 13's
i kinda doubt a different track will make a 1.2 second difference though. Im no expert though

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is it a drastic sea level change?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well, if you read up, 15, 2’s were off the lot times. Since then, I manage a best of 14.197sec @ 98.17mph. If the humidex is not in the 33-37's, with the UDP, I'm hoping to get 13.999 @100mph. that is with a full interior and stock rim's and tires. The Luskville dragway is slower due of its set up. Slightly bank to one side and there is also a nice dip around the 1000 foot, witch surprises the shizer out of the newbies. In general, it’s a track that requires some TLC. Anyway, if T-showers hold’s of, I will post my times Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
If I can't reach the 13.99's, I will replace the stock horseshoe and mid pipe exhaust by the mighty mufflers downpipe's (Chevy Malibu Gallery Mighty Muffler Custom Exhaust and Auto Repair Willmington, DE (302) 764-3700).
Cheers,

·
Registered
353 Posts

Well, if you read up, 15, 2’s were off the lot times. Sincethen, I manage a best of 14.197sec @ 98.17mph. If the humidex is not in the33-37's, with the UDP, I'm hoping to get 13.999 @100mph. that is with a fullinterior and stock rim's and tires. The Luskville dragway is slower due of itsset up. Slightly bank to one side and there is also a nice dip around the 1000foot, witch surprises the shizer out of the newbies. In general, it’s a trackthat requires some TLC. Anyway, ifT-showers hold’s of, I will post my times Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

If I can't reach the 13.99's, I will replace the stockhorseshoe and mid pipe exhaust by the mighty mufflers downpipe's(Chevy Malibu Gallery Mighty Muffler Custom Exhaust and Auto Repair Willmington, DE (302) 764-3700).

Cheers,

·
Registered
753 Posts
2007Imp250,

yeah, I understand, the only Impala's I owned where the 94SS and the 06SS. I understand, even the 3.5 and 3.9 not the best to modify, but there is always stuff you can do. But, the 3.6 LFX is a beast of it's own, light and revs, plus the 6 speed, takes off quick off line (even with 2.44 FD).
You can verify, but all the suspension and brakes upgrades listed on my first message would/may fit your car? Make sure you have the 17" rims, the calipers of the DTS will not clear the 16".

Good luck
Thanks! Yes all those suspension and brake upgrades will work! I do have 16" wheels for now, been eyeing some 18" Charger rims but those aren't priority right now lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's awesome to see someone else doing some more mods to the LFX impala. Thanks for posting times also. Gives me a good idea what my car should run. Something else you can look at is porting the stock down pipes. I have a thread on here with pics. It's very time consuming but free. I also removed the air diffuser and am going to fill in the dip behind the tb one of these days too , to hopefully get some better flow.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts