Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a 2012 or 2013 Impala. Wondering about the LFX 3.6L Direct Injection paired with the 6 speed automatic. Sounds great!
These cars are so numerous for sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love my 2012.
30mpg is easy to get and my best so far is 34mpg.

I also added front and rear Addco sway bars and it handles much better now.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Swartzkof is in the process of tuning his 2012, with good results.

·
Registered
545 Posts
yea and for what a used 12 is going for these days i would buy one and never look back. A friend of mine is car shopping. she just wants something cheap, and reliable to drive, so we where looking last night and i saw 12's impalas in $10-14K range.
Id say buy it, then extend the warranty if the mileage is high and ride it for a long time.. I cant think of any other car that can offer room, and warranty for that money.

Or if you not in a hurry wait and see how big gm does on the rebates once the 2014 hit the lot. i bought my 12 with a $10K rebate last year

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think they hit a sweet spot with the cars but reliability will be the big unanswered question for quite awhile. They will always be available cheap - to many are in love with foreign cars as status symbols.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
34500 miles no problems run great, shifts good

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've rented a ton of Impala's over the years, and have had access to our fleet Impala's at work since 2006.

Wife and I decided to buy new, I don't like to buy another person's problems or poor maintenance. We tend to keep cars forever.

Compared to the previous generation powertrain, the direct injected 3.6 and 6 speed auto is unbeatable. Great fuel economy and power for a car this size.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think they hit a sweet spot with the cars but reliability will be the big unanswered question for quite awhile. They will always be available cheap - to many are in love with foreign cars as status symbols.
Also I would say wheel bearings, which are same since '09 will turn out be a problem? Wonder if the CTS bearings are an upgrade??

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Good point on wheel bearing I will have to remember that for later use.

·
Registered
110 Posts
so far 5000miles in 3 months and no problems. drives great and lots of power. bought it used with 27,000miles as a rental fleet car. was a great deal for what i got.

Alan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had mine for over a year. No problems and I love the car. I have put ebc slotted brake rotors n red pads on front, slotted on rear, lowering springs, 18 verdae wheels,245/45/18 pirelli tires, stb bars, gm performance sway bars, hp tuners, custom cold air intake, magnaflow exhauast, 3rd cat removed, mobile entertainment system, stainless brake lines, police trans cooler, custom neoprene seat covers, debadged, blue bowtie on steering wheel, husky floor liners, upgraded alternator, 3 batteries total, 1000 watt inverter, boxed rear control arms, caster bolts all corners, anti pogo washers and sure I missed something. Fast as hell after tuning, handles great now, stops on a dime and the engine is a runner. Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Had mine for over a year. No problems and I love the car. I have put ebc slotted brake rotors n red pads on front, slotted on rear, lowering springs, 18 verdae wheels,245/45/18 pirelli tires, stb bars, gm performance sway bars, hp tuners, custom cold air intake, magnaflow exhauast, 3rd cat removed, mobile entertainment system, stainless brake lines, police trans cooler, custom neoprene seat covers, debadged, blue bowtie on steering wheel, husky floor liners, upgraded alternator, 3 batteries total, 1000 watt inverter, boxed rear control arms, caster bolts all corners, anti pogo washers and sure I missed something. Fast as hell after tuning, handles great now, stops on a dime and the engine is a runner. Any questions just ask.[/QUOT

why don't you have pics???:gaah:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Had mine for over a year. No problems and I love the car. I have put ebc slotted brake rotors n red pads on front, slotted on rear, lowering springs, 18 verdae wheels,245/45/18 pirelli tires, stb bars, gm performance sway bars, hp tuners, custom cold air intake, magnaflow exhauast, 3rd cat removed, mobile entertainment system, stainless brake lines, police trans cooler, custom neoprene seat covers, debadged, blue bowtie on steering wheel, husky floor liners, upgraded alternator, 3 batteries total, 1000 watt inverter, boxed rear control arms, caster bolts all corners, anti pogo washers and sure I missed something. Fast as hell after tuning, handles great now, stops on a dime and the engine is a runner. Any questions just ask.
Wow, I'll have to get a list questions together.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a local guy rewind one I got off of ebay. Gotta be careful though as it is controlled through the ecm and bcm nowadays. Exhaust is from ebay. It fits 06-08 ss impalas. I used most of it but the extension pipe was replaced with straight pipe from a local shop. Its the same setup after the first 90 before the rear tire. Stainless brake lines came from the W body store. I also used their f body caliper kit for the front as the f body pads have a little more swept area and they are aluminum.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts