Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have wiring diagrams for a 2012-16 impala limited? I have no power to electric seats,door locks or windows. I am sure it has to be a cut wire or a wire not connected but need to know where to look. Thanks

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Does anyone have wiring diagrams for a 2012-16 impala limited? I have no power to electric seats,door locks or windows. I am sure it has to be a cut wire or a wire not connected but need to know where to look. Thanks
What year in particular? Even tho 2012-2016ltd are the same models, things can still vary from year to
year.

Doug

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doug, Just saw your response. I need the diagrams for a 2014 limited.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Thanks Doug, Just saw your response. I need the diagrams for a 2014 limited.
Check these out. Let me know if you need anything else.
Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Doug, Do you have a wiring diagram for the hvac blower fan ? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the schematics, maybe now i can find my problem. Where is the High beam relay located, the drawing says fuse block under hood. I'm not sure which module it is.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The relay is soldered to printed circuit board (PCB). The PCB is located underneath the fuse block assembly of the underhood fuse box.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+Anyone know where the thick inside red wire in the gray plug with the green retainer comes from? In the picture its in the upper right hand corner of the fuse box. I have no power to that wire. Have power to the outside red wire just not to the inside red one. I think it supplies power to the 2-25 amp fuses for the power windows, seats and door locks none of which work on my car. From what I can tell both red wires go into a harness and through the firewall. That is as far as I can trace them to. Car is a 2014 limited. IMG_1752.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran a jumper wire today from the red wire that has power to the red wire without power. With the jumper wire installed windows, locks and seats all worked. I followed the dead wire as far as I can see and can not see any where where it is cut. As far as I can tell it comes from a wiring harness that goes through the firewall and the wires are connected to the terminals on top of the under hood fuse box. They have fusible links at the fuse box terminals. I checked and have power on all wires just past the fusible links. If someone has has a wiring diagram of the inside fuse box that shows where the wires that power that fuse box come from could you please post a picture so I can verify the path of this wire.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I tried finding a drawing, but I need more info. Can you add a context photo showing where this fusebox is located? Is it underhood? Somewhere else? In the pic, are we looking at the topside? Backside? Are there any identifying labels for the items in the pic? Perhaps the cover is removed and has labels showing the positions for the various connectors, fuses, and relays?

Doug

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Doug, The fuse box is inside on the passenger side kick panel. I have the cover off the 2014 I am having problems with. These pictures are on my 2013 but the covers are on them. IMG_1968.jpg IMG_1967.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried to take a picture of the inside cover but did not come out well. This is the fuse box legend in the owners manual. The picture with the wires, fuses and relays the two thick red wires are in the top right hand corner. The thick wire on the inside is the one I have no power at. IMG_1971.jpg IMG_1969.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what I needed. Thanks maddog. Just as I thought, the feeds for the inside fuse box comes right off the positive lugs on top of the under hood fuse box. Now I have to find the break which is going to be fun because I have looked everywhere that it would be obvious.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I think these are the schematics you need.
Good stuff. I think one schematic was missing. I've attached it.

I found a mechanical drawing for the passenger foot well fuse box (aka instrument panel fuse box), also attached. It shows the two circuits as 242 and 642.

642 (RD/BK) comes from the BATT2 fuse (60A) in the underhood fuse box, as shown in dwg 2839709.

242 (RD/BK) comes from the BATT1 fuse (60A) in the underhood fuse box, as shown in dwg 2839706 (attached).

Based on the items not working (door locks, windows), it appears 642 is the problem. I would start at the underhood fuse box, BATT2, and trace from there. Both wires (242, 642) should take the same path to the foot well fuse box.

HTH.
Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
.Darn, Just came in from tracing wires. I have to do everything ass backwards. Spent over an hour probing the dead wire with a test light starting at the inside fuse box. Made it all the way to the under hood fuse box to find I have no power at the BATT2 fuse. I wish I had come on here and read Doug and maddogs post before I started cutting looming and unwrapping wires. It would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. I was thinking it was probably a cut wire from where they cut the police equipment out. Guess tomorrow I will tear into the fuse box and see what's up with the wire that should be powering up the BATT2 fuse. Thanks to Doug and maddog for the help and drawings. I will check back here tomorrow for advice before I start.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts