Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know all exhaust has condesation, and i know we have small holes in the mufflers for it to escape, or it just runs out the tail pipe. However my 12 model has a LOT. I mean dive it anyplace park it, come back out and there are two puddles, one under each muffler. The more ive watched this its leaving like a little stream of water. It is water becuase i bent down and felt it and smelled it etc in the garage..

At first i thought maybe water got in there washing the car and it will go away, but its been like a month now and water still coming out the those weep? holes in the mufflers.

Ill try to take some photos so can see what im talking about

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Where do you live, city wise, also how long are the trips before you park?
If I take short trip I see some water, if I drive 20 miles nothing

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its showing up on long and short trips. Im in the mountains so temp changes a lot, like last night it was 22* today its suppse to be 50* On the short trips like to work and back its prob 5 miles.. that when you see it the most. Its like you just pulled out of the car wash.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Short trip will be the worse or car wash. Don't think I would worry about car wash. Last night it got down to 18* in manassas drove 20 miles to work no water. I would keep an eye on it so if it gets worse have the dealer check on it, still under warranty.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im not worried about it just seem od that there is that much... wonder if it has to do with the direct injection. I guess it has always done it now that i think back, in the summer time it steams, lol.. looks like a steam engine when you are parked and its running.

It is under warranty, and shows no signs of any issues, i would think by now it would have broken something if wasnt suppse to be doing it. I do need to get that clicking checked out on the brakes at next oil change.. other than that its a good car just like the others ive had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts