Impala Forums banner

2011 LTZ with ZZP catback kit

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bill58 
#1 ·
I finally decided to go with ZZP for their catback kit. Even though the description on the website says may fit 2006+, I chanced it anyway. The fit under the car was good, all the stock hangers lined up the fit is good. The only problem is the width of the tips. I believe the stock LTZ mufflers have offset exit ports the ZZP mufflers are center. So this has the tips completely missing the exhaust cutouts on the bumper.
As far as sound goes, I am happy with the lower tone and not obnoxiously loud sound. In my opinion it's hard to make a V6 truly sound good loud. It's a fine line to walk. But at high rev, 4000-5500 rpm it really opens up into beast mode. Overall I am happy with it, just need to find someone to move the tips out 2-3 inches.
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Automotive lighting

See less See more
#3 ·
MagnaFlow 16707 cat back for a 2006 Impala SS 5.3L
Look at the tips that come with the kit, the tips may be what you need. Not sure if MagnaFlow will sell just the tips. I have this kit on my '06 3.9L, it fits perfectly.
The picture I posted doesn't look clear, but the problem isn't the length of the tips. The ZZP ones are perfect, the issue is the width tip to tip.

#4 ·
May check with zzp about a set of mufflers that have the correct offset. In your opinion do you get more sound from the mufflers or the deletion of the resonator? My guess is the combination.
Unrelated but a bit of sound is gained from cutting the front off the air filter box. I had an opportunity to floor mine in a tunnel on the hwy w the box altered, to me it sounds wonderful.

#5 ·
I wouldn't necessarily say more sound, i'd say better sound. I didn't delete the resonator, I installed the cat-back kit from ZZP. The sound is a nice low tone at idle, but when you open the throttle it does have a nice satisfying sound. About the air box mod, I have heard that as well. Also replacing the stock filter with a cone K&N with the cut airbox. But either way, i think it would need a custom tune to be able to really take advantage of the increased airflow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.