Impala Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Impala and the remote start stopped working and the engine light came on. is there an easy fix for this problem?

·
Registered
2010 impala ltz 3.9
4 Posts
Sheila is correct if the engine light is on the vehicles computer will disengage the remote start feature

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a 2011 Impala and the remote start stopped working and the engine light came on. is there an easy fix for this problem?
Your problem with No Remote Start and the Engine Light ON may or may not be related.
Engine Light ON:
We don't know what in blazes has caused the Engine Light come-on to up and haunt you.
Since we all need to know, for sure, before telling you to make sure your Gas Cap's not loose; you have to tell us what tossed the CODE.
Go to AutoZone.
Ask to have them do a complimentary reading of your Onboard Diagnosis Codes.
Request a print-out of ALL Codes. Thrown and Pending.
Tell us what the Code is (or are) and we'll have our best guys on the case before the end of days.

·
Registered
2010 impala ltz 3.9
4 Posts
In any Chevy, gmc, etc..if the engine light comes on the vehicle will disable the remote start as a fail safe. The only way to get the remote start to work is to get the engine light to turn off by clearing the codes ( which will come back on until the codes are repaired,) or repairing the problem causing the check engine light to come on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys wondering if you can help with a common impala problem I have 2010 impala LT with about 150k on it get the stupid p411 code keep coming up. I had this problem few months ago and now it’s back again I had the value replaced and a new air injection pump along with checking the fuses when this happened a few months ago now all sudden I keep getting the code back after I drive it 50 or so miles it comes back what else could it be that it keeps setting the light off

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hey guys wondering if you can help with a common impala problem I have 2010 impala LT with about 150k on it get the stupid p411 code keep coming up. I had this problem few months ago and now it’s back again I had the value replaced and a new air injection pump along with checking the fuses when this happened a few months ago now all sudden I keep getting the code back after I drive it 50 or so miles it comes back what else could it be that it keeps setting the light off
Do you mean trouble code P0411 (not P411)? Did you have the repairs done at a shop? Did they provide a warranty on the parts and/or labor?

A common problem with the GM secondary air injection systems is one or more defective air check valves (different engines have one or two valves). The valves become corroded and stick, preventing the proper air flow. You said you had the value replaced - did you mean the valve?

This MAY be your continued problem. The air hose(s) must be leak-free and secure also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I had it done at a repair shop the parts I bought from advanced auto and yes the value tube like thing I had that replaced at the Same time I had the air injection pump replaced this was few months ago everything was fine then all sudden the P0411 code came back I don’t care if the light comes on here and there I just need it to stay off for a little for me to pass New York inspection

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here's what I'd do if I were you; to put that Light [[ OFF ]].
Begin a Project to have access to the FUEL PUMP.
Install a DOT/NHRA approved Inspection Cover in the trunk for safely accessing Fuel Pump, Fuel Level Sender, taking readings and replacing any.
Just for shits and grins.
Because I got a feeling that as soon as you are able to get your hands on the the FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR you'll shut that light off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mhmmm how come you think fuel tank pressure sensor might be the issue where is it located ? I remember I had a senor with a tube replaced that goes next to the gas cap under the vehicle wasn’t sure what the part was called about 6 months ago

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Nasty little Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor plugs right into the top of most Pumps.
We had to lower the Tank to find it.
The Sensor was fractured. It parted being removed leaving the "Probe-type Tip" behind; staying pushed-in to its seat.
We paper-clipped the motor-funky thing out.
Put-in the new one and buttoned up.
When we STARTED-UP after the job, ... the Light was out!

Toy Lego Engineering Machine Rectangle

·
Registered
300 Posts
The PRESSURE SENSOR is atop the PUMP, ... which is on top of the FUEL Tank.
(See Photo)

In this still frame grabbed from a YOUTUBE™ video. The Sensor Unit is Black Assembly with the light-blue and white label affixed.
It nests in a molded receptacle for it, ... right smack-dab on the very top of the Fuel Tank.

I have been researching for an instructional video placed by someone who has modified the trunk of an '03 - '13 Chevy coupe or sedan ... that would make me feel good about having an Inspection Cover, Trap-door or manhole or some type to be able to access the Pump for Troubleshooting, Maintenance, Testing and Removal/Replacement.

What I've found so far has been frightening!!!
One guy goes after it with a cutting wheel on an angle grinder. Spark flying everywhere. I flagged the video to YouTube™ as irrefutably unsafe, potentially deadly, moronically stupid with culpable liability if an explosion killed somebody.
Then, ... I found another video they've left up which begins with a lenghty disclaimer acknowledging the inherent dangers before the producer launches a Fuel Pump Removal "Short Cut" video staring Him-selfie wielding a Saws-All! No gloves, no goggles; ... no problem!

There are a couple of trap door options I've seen offered on Ebay™ and Summit Racing™, ... but, ... I'm certainly not going to endorse a potentially fatal way to save some bucks to anyone until I find a solution that's not a sequel to "The Hurt Locker!"
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Finger Bumper

Photo: © JEG's Garage / YouTube™. Still frame grabbed from Sept 16, 2013 Video. ©
Copyright: JEG's Garage 2013. Still Frame illustration / Instructional / Fair use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah it’s just annoying this is the only problem I had with this car is this stupid light had the pump valve replaced had the senor checked I also viewed a video about the p0411 code possible problems and one video said a 02 sensor could cuase it as well but part of me things the wires for the pump maybe lose shorted or damaged but I will definitely try that fuel sensor as well. Out of all the cars I have owned Chevy is only one that lasted 150k even my old maxima went at 148 and they say American cars are junk 🤣 mine is of course the 3.5 not 3.9

1 - 15 of 15 Posts