Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New to the forum and looking for some help.

The driver side powered seat will not move backwards on my 2011 LT. The other 3 adjustments (Up/Down/Forward) work, which makes me think it is the seat switch (guessing the switch just switches polarity so the contacts in this position are bad). I have a replacement switch but am not sure how to remove the seat uphostery for access.

There are two screws, one on the front of the seat and one on the back which loosen the uphostery. Next I think I need to remove the levers (see attached). How can I remove these without damaging them? Youtube/online searches were not very helpful with this model.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The adjus
Hello! New to the forum and looking for some help.

The driver side powered seat will not move backwards on my 2011 LT. The other 3 adjustments (Up/Down/Forward) work, which makes me think it is the seat switch (guessing the switch just switches polarity so the contacts in this position are bad). I have a replacement switch but am not sure how to remove the seat uphostery for access.

There are two screws, one on the front of the seat and one on the back which loosen the uphostery. Next I think I need to remove the levers (see attached). How can I remove these without damaging them? Youtube/online searches were not very helpful with this model.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 162212
[/QUOTE

The adjustment levers have one small “C” spring clips on the lever shaft, which engage a slot in the metal rod the protrudes from the seat bezel.

You can use a small “hook or pick” device tool to pull the clips forward, which allows you to remove the lever. When you remove the clip, it is prone to popping off the lever, and falling down between the carpet and seat track. Take your time and be prepared for it to pop-off.

I have seen items lodged in the seat track (such as a coin), which prevents the seat from moving forward or rearward, depending on where it is lodged.

I would inspect the track with a bright pen light flashlight to ensure nothing is jammed in the track (very common......).

To reinstall the lever, you push the clip onto the slots on the rear of the lever, then push the lever onto the shaft (making sure you have it aligned properly).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sorry, this stupid forum reply box inserted my report in your quote box. Expand the box to see the reply.

Harbor Freight sells a small pick tool set (4-5 different shapes) for several dollars, and I have the set. It has orange handles and I have used the set MANY times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, this stupid forum reply box inserted my report in your quote box. Expand the box to see the reply.

Harbor Freight sells a small pick tool set (4-5 different shapes) for several dollars, and I have the set. It has orange handles and I have used the set MANY times.
Thanks for this! I will investigate the track and see if I find anything. I don't feel the motor even try to engage/stall when I command it reverse, so that's why I was thinking the switch. If the track is clear, I will definitely make the trip to Harbor Freight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts