Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire on Thursday (picked up a nail on the highway). I took the tire and got it fixed and when I went to put it back on, I noticed that there was oil around the lower motor mount and what appears to be a trace amount of oil coming from the front main seal. Thankfully it is still under warranty, so we will see what the dealership wants to do.

The car is a 2011 Impala LS with the 3.5L LZ4

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Black, I'm sorry to hear that! Please do keep us posted on your progress and your dealer's diagnosis. If you would like any assistance working with your dealer, don't hesitate to send me a private message through the forum.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I agree with your diagnosis, I can't see any reason the dealer wouldn't take care of that for you.

Reactions: dgm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the car in to the dealer, in which they replaced the front crankshaft seal today. All should be good until the next thing breaks :eek:k3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
2011 35.8K Impala leaking from Front Oil Seal

6 days ago I purchased a 2011 Impala LT with 35.8K miles from a local Chevy dealer without bothering the dealer to first have it inspected by my mechanic. (Dealer also seemed reluctant to let car go outside for inspection, said he'd have to talk to the manager, and that they inspect them well enough themselves.) Saturday I took it by my mechanic for a lookover, and he noticed oil in the vicinity of the front oil seal. My question is, does the dealer owe me a new seal, and if so, under which warranty? (The bumper-to-bumper expires in ~200 miles, while the powertrain and several other warranties goes on out a ways further... ) Any guidance much appreciated!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
seems like bumper to bumper but better do it fast, the drive train should cover this also.
Keep an eye on dealer does not sound trust worth, hope I am wrong on that point.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Powertrain covers it, but you should still do it sooner than later since it passed their "inspection" that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Front Seal, Oilpan Gasket replaced under Warranty

A dealer closer to home agreed with my mechanic's diagnosis and replaced the front main oil seal as well as the oilpan gasket under warranty... Would've cost around $450, mostly labor.

·
Registered
545 Posts
also it might now be leaking, the way the filter sets on the new motor its about impossiable to get change the oil without spilling it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts