Impala Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^Ok, here's a better idea. Everyone on the forum donates money, and whoever has the highest post count get's to keep the car. Then, in return, the receiver of the new 9C3 then hosts a get together where all the Impala guys come and we have a barbecue and check out the new Caprice......via webcam.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
ooooooo So subscribing!!!

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
^Ok, here's a better idea. Everyone on the forum donates money, and whoever has the highest post count get's to keep the car. Then, in return, the receiver of the new 9C3 then hosts a get together where all the Impala guys come and we have a barbecue and check out the new Caprice......via webcam.
how about whoever gets the 9C3 has to drive and pick everyone up.;)

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
not a clue but in talking to the dealer there is nothing "in writing" that the general public cannot order cop caps. now if ya want to put blueberries and cherries on it that's a different story

hmmmmmm verrrry interesting... :yahoo:

hahaha....you said blueberries and cherries....never heard that before, that's awesome!

I wonder if you can get the old center console before they moved the shifter for the cops, it just looks weird now..

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Maybe we could get a big discount on a 9C3 group buy???? :D
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can literally do that. Dealers haggle all the time on the price of one car.......think how much you can prolly get them down when you offer up 20+ sales?? :yahoo:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know our Highway Patrol gets their Impalas for much less then $25,000. More like under $20,000. Heck the Hemi Chargers are less then $25,000 after rebates and fleet deals. The Caprice might be a different story but I will inquire once I see one of the departments with them.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
@My08... I would much rather have a V8 as well, but it is still a cool car to have in the fleet. Better than seeing another Crown Vic or a Charger.

Watch out... no more light bars;

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
^^^^^^ thats just slick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 Caprice ppv 9c3

I have just had the pleasure of test driving the new Caprice 9c3. All I can say is WOW. THIS is the to have for all of us LEO's. I was very impressed with the way it handled, its braking but man will this thing haul. I haven't had this much fun since my 96 Caprice. This is going to give Ford and Dodge a run for its money. Going back to the rwd and putting a v-8 was just what the Dr. ordered. Next year the v-8 will be an option but at least from what I understand the v-6 that will be standard is a little go getter in its own way. That small v-6 that Dodge offered when it first came out really killed it for me. I felt like Fred Flinstone driving the darn thing. As long as G.M keeps going in this direction they stand a very good chance of regaining some of their market share in ppv. Based on my interaction with them, G.M. and Chevrolet seem to be very interested in professional feedback on their police vehicles so let them know what you think. I saying thumbs up.:eek:k3:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
@My08... I would much rather have a V8 as well, but it is still a cool car to have in the fleet. Better than seeing another Crown Vic or a Charger.

Watch out... no more light bars;
NYS has been doing this for years.....they called them "road rage warriors" at first because that was a huge problem back then, and this was the answer, so they could be cruising traffic and catch people when they weren't paying attention, now they are widespread in an attempt to get more tickets easier...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts