Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things I like about this car. I got this car because I am 6 feet 4 inches tall and I fit fine so driving is comfortable. I like the huge trunk. I store workout shoes and various other workout equipment in it and I still have plenty of room when I go shopping for other things. I like the 3500 v6 motor with just over 200 hp. Speeding up is easy as well as passing people when you step on the gas. Its not fast but not too slow. I like the Silver Ice Metallic paint. It sparkles when clean and looks great for silver. Little scratches aren't visible (unless looked at up close), the stone chips on the hood aren't all that visible (unless looked at up close), and when the car is dirty it still looks okay (hard to tell as opposed to a black or blue). Mine has a pinstripe and a little Impala logo as well as Impala on the pinstripe on both sides. A nice little touch. I really like the drivers information center. I can see the tire pressure, has 2 trip computers, and the fact you can change settings. I changed my settings so I don't hear the horn when I use my key fob just the lights flash. The lights come on when I unlock it. I actually like the soft suspension since its not too soft. I don't like to feel bumps in the road when I drive and I ca barely feel them its nice. I like how basic the car and the fact that any mechanic can fix it. I don't have to worry about going to the dealer when it breaks down. That alone is a huge money saver (some modern cars can only be fixed at the dealer).

What I don't like is the front end hood design. It slants downward with a very small grill which results in lots of tiny stone chips. I don't like the stiff gas pedal. You have to put too much pressure on it. I got used to it but very bad for driving in bad weather such as snow. The factory radio with cd player doesn't sync with an iPod and the sound isn't the best. I got a decent aftermarket radio that syncs with an iPod and sounds way better than the factory. Its a Pioneer. The factory speakers have better sound than the factory radio produces so that is stupid. The interior light is too far back. It should have been put in the middle of the car. The tiny back seat for a large car. Makes no sense at all when small and mid size cars have bigger backseats.

Not really complaints but the fact the car came with steel rims with wheel covers. Alloy rims should have been standard on all models. The fact that the rear seats don't fold down since that was an option on the LS models. That should have been standard on all models.

My car has not caused me much trouble at all. I had to get the front struts changed. A secondary air flow injector changed for the CEL light which caused my car to start bad. My power drivers seat doesn't work in some settings only back an fourth work. I never heard of that happening in a modern car so its a let down. I can get it fixed for around $400 but I choose not to since I only drive my car. Besides that my car always starts right up. Overall I am very happy with this car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things I like about this car. I got this car because I am 6 feet 4 inches tall and I fit fine so driving is comfortable. I like the huge trunk. I store workout shoes and various other workout equipment in it and I still have plenty of room when I go shopping for other things. I like the 3500 v6 motor with just over 200 hp. Speeding up is easy as well as passing people when you step on the gas. Its not fast but not too slow. I like the Silver Ice Metallic paint. It sparkles when clean and looks great for silver. Little scratches aren't visible (unless looked at up close), the stone chips on the hood aren't all that visible (unless looked at up close), and when the car is dirty it still looks okay (hard to tell as opposed to a black or blue). Mine has a pinstripe and a little Impala logo as well as Impala on the pinstripe on both sides. A nice little touch. I really like the drivers information center. I can see the tire pressure, has 2 trip computers, and the fact you can change settings. I changed my settings so I don't hear the horn when I use my key fob just the lights flash. The lights come on when I unlock it. I actually like the soft suspension since its not too soft. I don't like to feel bumps in the road when I drive and I ca barely feel them its nice. I like how basic the car and the fact that any mechanic can fix it. I don't have to worry about going to the dealer when it breaks down. That alone is a huge money saver (some modern cars can only be fixed at the dealer).

What I don't like is the front end hood design. It slants downward with a very small grill which results in lots of tiny stone chips. I don't like the stiff gas pedal. You have to put too much pressure on it. I got used to it but very bad for driving in bad weather such as snow. The factory radio with cd player doesn't sync with an iPod and the sound isn't the best. I got a decent aftermarket radio that syncs with an iPod and sounds way better than the factory. Its a Pioneer. The factory speakers have better sound than the factory radio produces so that is stupid. The interior light is too far back. It should have been put in the middle of the car. The tiny back seat for a large car. Makes no sense at all when small and mid size cars have bigger backseats.

Not really complaints but the fact the car came with steel rims with wheel covers. Alloy rims should have been standard on all models. The fact that the rear seats don't fold down since that was an option on the LS models. That should have been standard on all models.

My car has not caused me much trouble at all. I had to get the front struts changed. A secondary air flow injector changed for the CEL light which caused my car to start bad. My power drivers seat doesn't work in some settings only back an fourth work. I never heard of that happening in a modern car so its a let down. I can get it fixed for around $400 but I choose not to since I only drive my car. Besides that my car always starts right up. Overall I am very happy with this car.
Forgot to mention my cars heating system has a faulty bearing which causes a weird noise on cold starts only all of the time (when temp. of the engine is cold). Once the engine temp is up to operating temp and the car is driven around a lot the noise won't happen. My mechanic informed me nothing will happen and the heating system will keep working. The noise lasts 30 seconds. Very loud and annoying that gets people attention because they think something is wrong with my car. Probably people assume I have an older Impala like a 2006-2008 not a 2010.

·
Registered
455 Posts

Since some time has gone by let me update. I sold this car in March 2016 for only $6k and paid $12k for it in the fall of 2012. It had 2 accidents and was a fleet model so they have terrible value. Had to fix wear parts and some little things here and there. Ran great most of the time. Would not recommend this generation Impala. The Check Engine Light was on over half the time I owned the car all for emissions or pollution things. Did not affect how the car ran. I spent around a grand to 1500 just fixing the engine light problems. I got it fixed by a mechanic friend who fixed it cheap or else it would have costed a lot more. Everything in the 2nd air flow system failed which should not have happened plus the car only had 70k on it. Should have came with a warning Check Engine Lght always on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts