Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my power drivers seat on my 2010 Impala LS. The seat moves forward and backward fine. I can move the seat height up just in the back. The problem is the switch that moves the seat height up in the front does not work. I had no problem using that switch until one day when I used it and nothing happened. It makes a noise likes its trying to work and nothing happens. I moved the seat back and fourth in various positions and nothing happens. Because of what happened I can only move the seat back and fourth unless I want to sit at an awkward angle and fall off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a problem with my power drivers seat on my 2010 Impala LS. The seat moves forward and backward fine. I can move the seat height up just in the back. The problem is the switch that moves the seat height up in the front does not work. I had no problem using that switch until one day when I used it and nothing happened. It makes a noise likes its trying to work and nothing happens. I moved the seat back and fourth in various positions and nothing happens. Because of what happened I can only move the seat back and fourth unless I want to sit at an awkward angle and fall off.
Something broke and yer gonna have to take it apart to find the probably broken actuator for that function OR go to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Not likely broken... Take a look at this picture. The 2 black things my fingers are touching can pop out and are used to transmit power from the main motor to the worm gear enclosure. If they come out, the motor will still spin but won't be transmitting to the gear.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1364337753.713591.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have seen the cables get bound up as well, but you can distinctly hear the motor bind and stall when you hit the switch.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Maybe I worded it funny, I just meant it was another possibility to consider.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not likely broken... Take a look at this picture. The 2 black things my fingers are touching can pop out and are used to transmit power from the main motor to the worm gear enclosure. If they come out, the motor will still spin but won't be transmitting to the gear.

View attachment 10347

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Luckily my seat is stuck all of the way down and its in the position I drive. The next time I take my care into my mechanic for a repair I will have him look into the seat. I refuse to go to a place like Conrad's or Monroe over something I don't really need fixed. This makes a lot of sense since I can hear a noise but nothing happens. Hopefully it turns out to be something this simple. I will update you when I get the seat fixed or if it doesn't get fixed. If it doesn't get fixed I will know anyway whats wrong with it. Thanks a lot for the useful suggestion.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Put the seat entirely forward and remove the 2 bolts on the rear of the seat rails (15mm). Then lean the seat entirely back and THEN tip it up (taking the rear of the seat rails off the floor) and then pull back. This removes the seat for you and let's you see what's wrong.

It's very simple and I think you can handle this :)

Side note: don't forget to unplug the seat on the front right under the seat.

Good luck!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
And have a vacuum handy, lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something broke and yer gonna have to take it apart to find the probably broken actuator for that function OR go to the dealer.
Bad news

I finally got the seat looked at and it turns out the motor or whatever part wasn't loose and it was stripped. The only way to fix it was to get a whole new part and the repair cost would range anywhere from $350-500. I decided not to fix it and I only had to pay for labor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 impala and my seat only moves front and back... It does nothing else and when I hit the switch in any other direction, I do NOT here the motor spinning... Could it be the switch or do I need a new seat track assembly?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 2006 impala and my seat only moves front and back... It does nothing else and when I hit the switch in any other direction, I do NOT here the motor spinning... Could it be the switch or do I need a new seat track assembly?
Start a new thread and ask this question? You will get plenty of answers. Besides my seat moves back and fourth and up in the front. I can't adjust the back. Pretty useless as if I adjust only the front height I will be in a weird position slanting forward. My car was an ex fleet car and that is why I think the seat broke? I got quoted roughly $400 to fix it. Regardless it will be a expensive fix since the whole seat has to come out just to replace the broken parts or part plus the part or parts cost.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts