Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I own a 2010 Impala LT Sedan. The driver's seat and passenger's seat are both worn. I found a site to order a new OEM leather cover and cushion for the bottom of the driver's and passenger's seats. However, I can't find for the life of me an assembly manual for the front seats!

Does anyone have any experience with front seat disassembly for a 2010 LT sedan? Any PDFs or manuals that will demonstrate seat part replacements? I'd prefer to save $$$ and replace the cushion/leather cover myself. :D

Thanks!
MOSpartan

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i think i read there are four bolts holding the seat to the car, slide the seat all the way back and i guess you're able to see them then if you're wanting to pull it from the car completely. i will warn there are several connectors under the seat for power/airbags. while you're in the area throw some die electric grease on all the yellow connectors and save a later headache of the air bag light coming on. both front seats have the yellow connectors.

also stop on by the introductions area and post up some info about you, your car, and pics (are going to be needed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done just that to my profile, thanks! I just wanted to make sure I'm taking apart the seat itself correctly. The side airbags are what concerns me the most.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping to keep this thread alive. Anyone got anything to help? I'm looking for schematics of the driver's seat to replace the bottom leather. I've found a new leather seat bottom on eBay for a good price, but can't seem to find any assembly documentation.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
as long as you disconnect the battery/connections under the seats they won't deploy if that's what you're concerned about. i've not seen another topic about rebuilding the seats that i can think of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts