Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Nascar
Duct tape
Glorious victory:lol:
jokes aside, I believe the Monte SS bumper is more so aerodynamic. If you do glass it up be sure to take pics (if your willing to get so involved)

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
^True (and I'm happy to sell anyone here the bumper), but for a total smooth finish, a custom job is the way to go. I'd imagine there's a high cost with it unless you can DIY.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually I have cardboard patterns made, was going to use ABS Plastic, and plastic liquid nails and spray paint.
Then maybe I'll make this nose. :) Looks like a Monza spider

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,055 Posts
:yikes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm been starring at the black strip painted in the bumper and how it makes it appear as one large grill. A thought entered my head. What if you deleted the Bow-Tie in the small upper grill. Install an aftermarket upper and lower horizontal grill insert. Then place a truck size Bow-Tie in the center of the painted portion of the bumper. I THINK this would make it look like a larger/taller factory style grill. Most all newer Chevy's have a center portion separating an upper and lower grill w a Bow-Tie in the solid center. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Is this the idea your speaking of?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I used my awesome MS paint skills to mock this up. I don't really like it but there could be some potential with a grill that had some vertical.. well um, grills or something else to tie it all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
just fyi, that is how my grill actually looks, I just don't have the big emblem in the middle, that is what I put in there with MS paint

·
Registered
241 Posts
the more I look at it the less I hate it, but I would have to black it out cant have any gold on my car after finally getting rid of all the gold emblems.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts