Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with this car, when I drive on the freeway and exit fast the car starts to lock up the rear tire(inside tire) and the ABS bounces at my feet.

Who makes a after market sway bar for these cars? This thing rolls over too hard.

I'm just a Cougar with a lead foot but I love carving the roads, speeding, and flipping off import drivers(kidding) I'm cute and nice.:angel12:

Help me guys solve this issue

Huggs Shannon Spears of Chicago

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I use to own the WRX Highly Mod but my brother wanted to race it on the track and it met a wall.....................Kids LOL

Thanks Volume the link helps sooooo much, I'm slowing down thanks guys but this thing rolls over and i'm not pushing to hard, this will help.

Huggs Shannon

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Don't shop at ZZP, they are nothing but trouble. Don Rome sells strut tower braces and brackets, and Dorman sells solid anti-roll bars, the stock ones are hollow and weak. Those mods will stabilize it quite a bit.

Reactions: Dave_N

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
G25 just had a lovely experience with them, and Ejbiers can give you a few stories I'm sure...

Thank you Shannon! Usually my car only gets compliments from dudes.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
IIRC isn't there a fuse for the ABS?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I don't think it's that simple to bypass, but that would be nice if it is.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Don't shop at ZZP, they are nothing but trouble. Don Rome sells strut tower braces and brackets, and Dorman sells solid anti-roll bars, the stock ones are hollow and weak. Those mods will stabilize it quite a bit.
Kingnutin is right. I just put on the GM strut tower braces with Don Rome brackets and my body roll is greatly reduced. I also changed over the struts to Monroe Quickstruts. The car corners very well now. I will eventually put on the Dorman sway bar too. :eek:k3:

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
My experiences with ZZP have been fine, and Dorman for the front bar, Addco for the rear bar, and SSC for springs. That'll help significantly.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Any links to where to buy these bars?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My experiences with ZZP have been fine, and Dorman for the front bar, Addco for the rear bar, and SSC for springs. That'll help significantly.
So you have no input on struts your still running originals?

I let my friend take my car and he hit some pot holes in the city of Chicago he said LOL this friend didn't miss any pot holes or parking bumpers, the under plastic is broken and my RF strut has a oil leak WTF 50k miles and it's falling apart....................For Sale pretty car just don't drive it much LOL:bang:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts