Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
I was wondering how long you think the gear shift on the column will last. The Impala and the Lucerne are the only autos available with them that I know of.
thanks, Joel
And DTS when you check off the bench seat option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
late to the discussion but that is no Impala I'd want or even ride in... even with the engine specs... I have a 2000 police package 3.8 and a 2008 3.5, would rather they go in the direction of the new Caprice PPV look, no thanks to the squaring off of the edges... looks like a Camero and 300 were forced to have a baby... yuck

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
The Impala is being eliminated, isn't it?

I don't think they officially announced it definitely seems like its being fazed out :hellno: .. unfortunately.. First the SS is gone, its only a matter of time before the Impala is too, or (hopefully) they come out with an entire new model for the future.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the Impala is canceled. Its biggest buyer is the rental car agencies which kills resale value for every one else. I don't see them dropping the LS7 in the C7 or an Impala.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the Impala is canceled. Its biggest buyer is the rental car agencies which kills resale value for every one else. I don't see them dropping the LS7 in the C7 or an Impala.
Manufacturers are interested in sales not resale values. Evidence of this is the fact that Lincoln Town Car sales to fleets were 74% in 2009. Additionally, the Mercedes-Benz S-class (about $120K), loses more than 80% of its value in the first 5 years.

FYI: The total of Impala vehicles that were fleet sales was 57% in 2009.

EDIT: I do agree that the Impala will be killed off & I believe replaced with a Belair or similar name.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I'm guessing the Caprice will once again take over.

In regards to depreciation, it depends on how accepted the re-design is, sales #s, and model/engine. That number is only accurate for S550.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm guessing the Caprice will once again take over.

In regards to depreciation, it depends on how accepted the re-design is, sales #s, and model/engine. That number is only accurate for S550.
I don't think it'll be a Caprice badge because 1. GM has already brought back the name (police cruiser) 2. The retro trend. I'm guessing the next model will be edgier & hark back to Chevy's of the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Caprice/Impala SS

After speaking with the sales rep at my chevy dealer......Chevy has won the bid for the new police cruiser. It is supposed be a new Caprice with an LS3 under the hood. It will not be available to the public, only law inforcement. He was 95% positive that the Impala would stay, and that an SS model (based on the zeta platform) would be reintroduced late 2011/early 2012 no word on front or rear wheel drive......we can only hope on the latter.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts