Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this Impala forum (I do belong to a Team Chevelle forum though) but seems to be pretty much the same format as I'm used to. Been doing some research here with my symptoms and I have an idea as to what the problem is but there were so many warnings that came up. 2009 LTZ Impala with the 3.9. Came off the highway yesterday and although I'm not sure in what order the warnings came on but I felt like a downshift (jerk) while making a turn (15-20 MPH?) the "engine light" came on and the display would alternate with the "service stabilitrak", "service traction control" "engine power is reduced". Traction light was on in the dash as well. I nursed it to the dealer (still under warranty) and power was definately not there and jerking as it shifted 1-2 and 2-3 I think. From what I've read so far in these forums and on line its maybe an accelerator pedal sensor? Others have said the dealer has had difficulty in TS'ing this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Lou

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What were the codes? Sounds like it could be that. I had similar symptoms on one car, but I cleared the codes and it hasn't given any trouble since.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Hello all. New to this Impala forum (I do belong to a Team Chevelle forum though) but seems to be pretty much the same format as I'm used to. Been doing some research here with my symptoms and I have an idea as to what the problem is but there were so many warnings that came up. 2009 LTZ Impala with the 3.9. Came off the highway yesterday and although I'm not sure in what order the warnings came on but I felt like a downshift (jerk) while making a turn (15-20 MPH?) the "engine light" came on and the display would alternate with the "service stabilitrak", "service traction control" "engine power is reduced". Traction light was on in the dash as well. I nursed it to the dealer (still under warranty) and power was definately not there and jerking as it shifted 1-2 and 2-3 I think. From what I've read so far in these forums and on line its maybe an accelerator pedal sensor? Others have said the dealer has had difficulty in TS'ing this. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Lou
Welcome, Lou! Sorry to read you've been experiencing these issues. Feel free to send me a direct message with more details (your VIN/name/address/dealer/etc.) if you want me to investigate any of your concerns further for you. I'm happy to help, and I'm sure you'll find some great answers from the forum regulars!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi just wanted to get back with the fix on this. It was in fact the "Accelerator Pedal Sensor". Works fine now, local dealership took it right in, fixed it. Thankfully I'm still covered by the warranty.
Impressed/surprised to hear from Kate, Chevy Customer Service huh...interesting.
Anyway, thanks all.

Lou

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Hi just wanted to get back with the fix on this. It was in fact the "Accelerator Pedal Sensor". Works fine now, local dealership took it right in, fixed it. Thankfully I'm still covered by the warranty.
Impressed/surprised to hear from Kate, Chevy Customer Service huh...interesting.
Anyway, thanks all.

Lou
Glad the issue has been resolved, Lou! I'm a Customer Assistance Representative from the GM Social Media group, and our GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over sixty forums in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them.

Have a great weekend,

Katie

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
Katie is one of the better ones we have had, Haha. Same canned responses, but she will agree with is at times. And she doesn't ask for our vin every time like past representatives.

G

·
lyea it used to be tricia....then sarah....and now katie.......she must be a tough old gal if we havent ran her off yet

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Katie is one of the better ones we have had, Haha. Same canned responses, but she will agree with is at times. And she doesn't ask for our vin every time like past representatives.
Ha! Thanks for the support, you all. I try to keep a professional tone, but if my responses sound canned, I'll keep it a bit lighter. Heads up: if there are complex vehicle issues where I can be helpful then I'll most likely ask for a VIN to be able to obtain specifics on your particular vehicle.

Katie

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
Ha! Thanks for the support, you all. I try to keep a professional tone, but if my responses sound canned, I'll keep it a bit lighter. Heads up: if there are complex vehicle issues where I can be helpful then I'll most likely ask for a VIN to be able to obtain specifics on your particular vehicle.

Katie
I completely understand the canned responses, that is what they pay you to do. Haha. But it is like that right there, you follow up and even step out of customer service mode. You have my respect for that.

G

·

Katie

WOW.......a real response that didnt have to do with someone askin for help.....im likin you already katie

·
Registered
290 Posts
How are all the GM customer service reps on all the forums female? Seems like if a man were to apply for the job they would have to accept him at this point or face an obvious sexual discrimination lawsuit. Maybe they just have fake female names like that great Capital One commercial! "This is Peggy, how can I help you?"

G

·
Cause they send us pics of them so that we accept them......we would never accept pics from a guy

I still have a few of the old customer service reps pics......would u like to see them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this same problem this weekend driving back home from a funeral. We got home late and this morning the check engine light was off and it acted just fine. Should I send it in to the dealership even though the CEL is off? I just don't want to go there and the service dept. tell me they cant replicate the problem, and Ive wasted all of my day.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I just had this same problem this weekend driving back home from a funeral. We got home late and this morning the check engine light was off and it acted just fine. Should I send it in to the dealership even though the CEL is off? I just don't want to go there and the service dept. tell me they cant replicate the problem, and Ive wasted all of my day.

Thanks,
Brad
Thanks for letting us know, Brad. I can appreciate your hesitation to take something that appears functional to the dealer. However, malfunctions often are indicated by your Impala's On-Board Diagnostics-Second Generation system before any problem is apparent. So, while your Impala might not be showing signs of a problem now (and the CEL is off), I would still recommend you keep an eye on the situation and take it to your service department when you can. Your OBD II system assists the service technician in correctly diagnosing any malfunction, and being proactive can prevent more serious damage to your Impala. Please feel free to message me if you have more questions!

Katie

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
CEL light is the most benign light. If you get a temp light, oil light, a scrolling message on your DIC, that is more (sometimes much more) serious. The CEL light can be triggered by a number of things, including loose gas cap, a temporary traction control glitch, etc. If it stays off, I would forget about it. If it comes back on, then bring it somewhere to have the code read. Even if the light is off when you bring it in, they can read the history of codes. The dealer is one place that can do that. If you are under warranty, that is the place to go for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey my name is Shak. I have a 2009 impala and I'm experiencing the same problems as loucas. While driving on the highway I felt the car begin to stall the "reduced engine power" "service stabilitrack" "service traction control" warnings flashed on the dashboard. Also my check engine light is on, the code I have is P2138. After reading many forums for the same problem in assuming its my accelerator pedal sensor. Any suggestions?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That code would suggest it is the pedal sensor, yes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello again. Got in the car today after work to run an errand and got the "Service Stabilitrak" light on. Indicator light in the dash showing the slippery road stayed on the whole time I drove it to the errand but when I got back in the car and re-started it to come home it was gone and all was normal. Wasn't like the last time (my original post) when it jerked, lost power and numerous warnings came up. This time it drove normal except for the indicator being lit up. Gonna code it tomorrow and I'll post the results. Kinda surprised that there are not many posts regarding this issue in these forums. None that I have found anyway. I'm not sure if the warranty covers this. I'm just over 43K but as this was one of those GM Certified pre-owned the warranty runs to 48K, not bumper to bumper but pretty good coverage I was told.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts