Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just missed the deal on the interior trim! Damn email wasn't working and missed the update. What trim do you have now? I might buy it if you getting rid of it.

It's the silver carbon trim. Silver with the little black dots. It will be a minor change for me but I prefer it. I'll be selling my current trim, I won't have any use for it. I asked him about shipping but it was a bit much. He pm'ed me a few days ago with the offer which I couldn't pass on lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Haha, yeah the gauges come with a couple more wires. I'm not sure if they need to be connected for it to properly read the HP or not. I just have them running into one cable which is plugged into the port. If my 5.3 has less then 100hp something is severely wrong lol

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
It's the silver carbon trim. Silver with the little black dots. It will be a minor change for me but I prefer it. I'll be selling my current trim, I won't have any use for it. I asked him about shipping but it was a bit much. He pm'ed me a few days ago with the offer which I couldn't pass on lol.

Got a picture? Don't think I've seen that trim color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

I can get one for you tomorrow if you would like. It's almost 2am here and I don't want to go outside lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
What kind of trim are you getting for the SS?

The brushed aluminum. It's a minor change but I've always preferred it. It's the only factory thing I wish was different on my car. Besides it not having the optional Bose sound system, I have a aftermarket speakers/stereo anyway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Side by side comparison. Interesting how the old one says "Passenger air bag" and the new one doesn't. Maybe a change throughout the years? Or because it from Canada?..

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
It would have to have been in both languages had it been for Canada. That's why our dashboards don't have a C or H for cold and hot, but symbols only.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
My 2012 LT also says "Passenger Air Bag"... Could it be that some older 8th gens didn't have a passenger air bag?

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
My 2012 LT also says "Passenger Air Bag"... Could it be that some older 8th gens didn't have a passenger air bag?

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

Just scrolled through my photos and found a picture of the inside of the 07 LT I had. It says passenger air bag. Hmm intriguing

·
Banned
16 Posts
No it doesn't ? and it's not I have an SS without print and I've seen atleast 10 without print. Show me one with the French print... smh

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
That was my point

Read post #48

If it was printed it was for US consumer.
No printing and symbol only was for Canada

Same as dashboard symbols for H and C. ( US vehicle destination )

Canada just has thermometer symbols

From Transport Canada's web site

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-faq-index-452.htm

The importer must make any modifications needed to bring U.S. vehicles into compliance with Canadian requirements such as daytime running lamps, immobilizers, bilingual and metric labeling etc.

I realize it's for "importing" vehicles but it must meet the standards for new purchase of vehicles as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
@habermehl is not understanding.... What Pauly is saying is that *if* they had printed the text on the Canadian versions, it would have to be printed in both English and French, which is why they don't print anything (or use symbols where they can).... I get what you are saying Pauly! :)

Sent from my Hi10 plus using Tapatalk

·
Banned
16 Posts
No I understand very clearly reread my posts. You read it wrong. What I was saying is that the one without writing is from Canada. I wasn't talking about the one with writing...smh. Good job at explain what I know. Without you I have no idea what I would do... carry on

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 203 Posts