Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Just purchased a pair of AeroForce gauges for my A-pillar. I've been holding off because I didn't want to spend $400 on two gauges.. but I had a $30 off coupon on eBay. Plus I sold some old games I had laying around. So I'm hoping they will arrive Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Car seems to run fine still. Definitely needs some suspension work. Struts are shot and the power steering rack has seen better days. Im afraid to find out what this is.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Usually, the check engine light is caused by some minor, emissions-related issue - especially if the car is still running fine. Don't sweat it! Just get the code read at Autozone and go from there... Might be something as simple as a gas cap...

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Usually, the check engine light is caused by some minor, emissions-related issue - especially if the car is still running fine. Don't sweat it! Just get the code read at Autozone and go from there... Might be something as simple as a gas cap...

You know oddly enough I did get gas yesterday lol. Went got gas, drove for 15 minutes hung out with my ex.. yeah my ex at Dave and Busters. Went to leave and was driving home and it came on. The roads in Ohio are terrible, it's like playing frogger around potholes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well... I fixed it. I'm not sure how but I did lol. I looked over the engine and checked stuff like the gas cap. It was still on. Drove to autozone and he was searching around for the port. When my dad was messing with the heat in my car when I was at work apparently he just shoved the port up in the dash. So I pulled that out. Started it and was going to go back to autozone but now the check engine light is gone.... weird.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Well... I fixed it. I'm not sure how but I did lol. I looked over the engine and checked stuff like the gas cap. It was still on. Drove to autozone and he was searching around for the port. When my dad was messing with the heat in my car when I was at work apparently he just shoved the port up in the dash. So I pulled that out. Started it and was going to go back to autozone but now the check engine light is gone.... weird.
It should still have a stored code. If you go back to Autozone, they should be able to retrieve it. I doubt you have anything to worry about since the CEL went out, but it wouldn't hurt to know, just in case.

Doug

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It should still have a stored code. If you go back to Autozone, they should be able to retrieve it. I doubt you have anything to worry about since the CEL went out, but it wouldn't hurt to know, just in case.

Doug

Very true, I'm curious at to what the issue was.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Did you happen to remove and re-install the gas cap? I'm wondering if it just wasn't making a good seal after you got gas and removing and re-installing it corrected the issue...

Sent from my CW-Hi12 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did you happen to remove and re-install the gas cap? I'm wondering if it just wasn't making a good seal after you got gas and removing and re-installing it corrected the issue...

Sent from my CW-Hi12 using Tapatalk

I did, the engine light was still on. Drove it to autozone and then back to my house, it was on. I shut it off. Messed with the port and was going to go back to autozone. Started it and it didn't come back on. Shut it off restarted it, still off. Drove it for 10 minutes and it never came on. So I'm not sure what that was about.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Can't wait to install these. Using one to keep a eye on transmission temperatures. I'm not sure about the other one yet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

A-pillar gauge pod :)

Reactions: mbar

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Nighttime pic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So one gauge for trans temp. What did you use the other for? BTW they look very clean installed sir.
Each gauge will give you info on multiple things. Currently on is set to trans temp and voltage. The other fuel economy and it was horsepower.. but it was saying weird numbers like 24HP lol. So I switched it to oil pressure for now. These gauges can read pretty much everything and just plug into your OBD2 port. They are a bit pricy though, I paid $370 but I had a $30off coupon for ebay (Normally $399). I think ZZP charges $249 per gauge.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Replaced another blend door actuator today, that's number two in the last couple months. I'm starting to get tired of spending $28 on these damn things lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
It's amazing to me how Gm used these same crappy actuators in this car for over 8 years!! Usually, cars that are in production for so long have all of the kinks worked out in a few years - but it seems like they didn't address any of the known issues in these 8th gens... This car should have (or at least could have) been bulletproof by now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It's amazing to me how Gm used these same crappy actuators in this car for over 8 years!! Usually, cars that are in production for so long have all of the kinks worked out in a few years - but it seems like they didn't address any of the known issues in these 8th gens... This car should have (or at least could have) been bulletproof by now.

Yeah, the driver side one was terrible. I replaced the glovebox one yesterday. That clicking noise was sooo irritating.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Just missed the deal on the interior trim! Damn email wasn't working and missed the update. What trim do you have now? I might buy it if you getting rid of it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Each gauge will give you info on multiple things. Currently on is set to trans temp and voltage. The other fuel economy and it was horsepower.. but it was saying weird numbers like 24HP lol. So I switched it to oil pressure for now. These gauges can read pretty much everything and just plug into your OBD2 port. They are a bit pricy though, I paid $370 but I had a $30off coupon for ebay (Normally $399). I think ZZP charges $249 per gauge.
24HP lol, Unless perhaps your rollin' with one of these baby's under the hood:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Chevrolet_engine,_1915,_made_by_Chevrolet_Motor_Co.,_Detroit,_24_HP,_4_cylinder_-_Luray_Caverns_Car_and_Carriage_Museum_-_Luray,_Virginia_-_DSC01284.jpg/1280px-Chevrolet_engine,_1915,_made_by_Chevrolet_Motor_Co.,_Detroit,_24_HP,_4_cylinder_-_Luray_Caverns_Car_and_Carriage_Museum_-_Luray,_Virginia_-_DSC01284.jpg

Reactions: 09_Impala_SS
21 - 40 of 203 Posts