Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my names Adam and I am the proud owner of a 2009 Impala Super Sport. Some of you will know me by my previous account on here 07ImpalaLT01. When I originally joined I owned a black 2007 Impala LT, which was my first car. Unfortunately it was T-boned at the end of July 2016 and totaled. But I really enjoyed the car. My only regret was not buying the SS model they had at the dealership instead of the LT. So here was my opportunity. I searched around and didn't really find much. Finally came across this one in nearby Ohio.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

First thing, had to remove the ugly license plate holder

Purchased some drilled/slotted rotors considering the brakes on these aren't the best

Changed the tail lights to some LED ones I found on eBay

Purchased some Rohana RF2 19x8.5 wheels

Belle Tire had a New Years sale, attempted to buy some tires (forgot the brand) but they didn't have them in stock. So they offered me a better set of BFG tires for the same price

Whited out the Chevy emblems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
It's looking good! I like the white bowtie accents with the Deep Crystal red. Great looking car. Remind me where you are located in Michigan?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Car looks awesome, love the wheels and that red paint... Do yourself a favor and start a slush fund for the transmission. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the track record for transmission reliability in those isn't very good. Best of luck with it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's looking good! I like the white bowtie accents with the Deep Crystal red. Great looking car. Remind me where you are located in Michigan?

South East, about 45 minutes from Detroit, 5 from Ohio. If you want to look it up it's Lambertville, MI

I figured the white bow tie would go well with the SS emblems. A lot better than the gold.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car looks awesome, love the wheels and that red paint... Do yourself a favor and start a slush fund for the transmission. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the track record for transmission reliability in those isn't very good. Best of luck with it!

Thank you

Oh I know all about the transmission. Let's strap a transmission that has issues on the 3800's onto a 5.3 V8. So far it still has the original transmission, eventually though it'll crap out like they all do. Then TEP will get another customer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here's a better picture of the wheels on the car. Not the best, the whether is crap... but hey no snow! Haha

·
Registered
774 Posts
I really like those wheels!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like those wheels!!

Thank you, I thought the color would go well with the car. Plus they are kinda similar to something you might see on the Chevy SS.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those wheels do look great, any plans for window tint?

Actually yes. I need to have my eyes checked, I can't read anything far away. When I do that I'm going to try and get a window tint permit so I can have 5% on the front as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I agree - nice wheels! Typically, I'm not a fan of "skinny spoke" wheels, but they look really nice on that car!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree - nice wheels! Typically, I'm not a fan of "skinny spoke" wheels, but they look really nice on that car!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

Thank you

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snapped this quick pic yesterday while picking up my taxes.

·
Super Moderator
10,945 Posts
Bits of green in the grass ,no snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and,,,,,,,,, a clean car ?????................

Seriously ?

Michigan ??? pfffftttt..

I call BS .... haha

Nice !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bits of green in the grass ,no snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and,,,,,,,,, a clean car ?????................

Seriously ?

Michigan ??? pfffftttt..

I call BS .... haha

Nice !

Haha yeah, it was mid 40's out. We have such bipolar weather here. One day it's snow the next it's heavy rain then it's sunny and repeat. Oh and the car certainly isn't clean, it has some salt/dirt on it from the roads.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks dope! Nothing better than a tastefully modded Impala. Shame they are all FWD nowadays but what can you do...

Thank you, how you see it is kinda how it's staying. Window tint and lowered a little and that's it for the outside... for now lol. Inside I have a few mods to do. I have a custom gauge pillar I purchased from Josh (07LazerBlueSS) that he had in Papa Ssmurf before he sold it. I'll be installing that to monitor transmission temperatures.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It'll probably be a little while before I post a update. Having some close friend issues.

But if it's alright with @RYD SLO I might make some Impala Forums/IOTM stickers to give out to the winners.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts