17K views 126 replies 13 participants last post by  Omar 
#1 ·
Decided to share my Impala to the forum. More mods still to come

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
What's ccfl mean

#5 ·
Looking good so far! What part of VA are you from?

#9 ·
^ I believe they stuck that in the 9C1 cars as well, and IIRC, it was an option for LS/LT/LTZ models as well, though most people just got the wood grain.

#10 · (Edited)
Here are the different options for the woodgrain piece that goes all of the way across the dash (from the parts manual that I posted elsewhere on the forum - very useful to have!):

Plate, Trim (finish, part number, price)
-------------------------------------------
Brushed (06-08), 25863286, $343.30
Steel, 20914081, $399.01
Walnut, 20914080, $338.82

Damn, that plastic piece is NOT cheap! :)

Anyone know what the difference between "brushed" and "steel" would be?

EDIT: Here is a link to an Ebay add for the "steel" version - would be great for those wanting silver instead of woodgrain. Another member (@mwilson62000) dipped his this color and really likes it - not a bad deal for $150 - looks to be brand new as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATE-TECHNO-STEEL-AIR-OUTLETS-/121246644520?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3adcf928&vxp=mtr

#12 ·
Have you tried getting the residue off with goo gone?

#21 ·
^ I somewhat agree with you. I previously had mine dipped black with the blue deer, but re-dipped it all black because IMO, it looked better all black. I think it depends a lot on what color the car is and what other mods are done to it...

#22 ·
I agree with you both. Looks better done completely. Will be doing mine Saturday. Is it difficult to remove the excess plasti dip on the inside of the emblem? I got fat fingers haha. Want to make sure I can remove the excess completely.

#23 ·
I used a toothpick to get it out of the center portion. Easy as cake

#27 ·
I agree with you man. My old car had all blue leds and while it was cool it got boring and wasn't alot of light output. Changing any other bulbs out? If you need any help I've done all inside light bulbs to led.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.