Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this 2009 9c1 at the police auction yesterday for $175. It ran over something and broke the front sub frame on the right side where the front of the control arm bolts to it. They have several 2010's in the local you pull it that have good sub frames. I can get one for $50. Looks pretty easy to replace. I have a shop crane that I can support the engine and transmission with while I change out the sub frame.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I could only wish to get one for that price lol... 1750 to 3000 would be for something like that around me from one of them auctions. I stop looking lol.. Nice find.. Hope you find enjoyment out of it...

James

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not started it yet. Getting it towed home tomorrow. They let the cars sit for so long before they auction them the batteries always need to be slowly recharged and brought back to life. For some reason they always cut some wires at the fuse block also and they have to be repaired. Our 2010 in my avatar we only paid $475. for it. Had to replace the right control arm, front bumper cover and repair the fender on it. Also had to repair some cut wires. Bought it from the same place on another auction.

·
Registered
2013 Impala LT
599 Posts
I could only wish to get one for that price lol... 1750 to 3000 would be for something like that around me from one of them auctions.

Seriously. Where do you live JSO2378? I need to get in on some of these auctions. Heck, for $175 if you get it home and it doesn't run, bring it on over to the wrecker and you still aren't even out of any money.

·
Super Moderator
10,955 Posts
Looking through your post. Great find and an awesome price.
I do have a question though.
If it hit "something" hard enough to break that sub frame where the control arm fastens. Is it possible that the "hard mounts" that the sub frame bolts to may be tweaked a bit ? I guess you'll find out when you try and bolt the other one up.

Just wondering is all.

That's a pretty good hit to bust one of them things.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking through your post. Great find and an awesome price.
I do have a question though.
If it hit "something" hard enough to break that sub frame where the control arm fastens. Is it possible that the "hard mounts" that the sub frame bolts to may be tweaked a bit ? I guess you'll find out when you try and bolt the other one up.

Just wondering is all.

That's a pretty good hit to bust one of them things.
I was thinking the same thing before I jacked it up and looked at it yesterday. The body mounts look like they are are still straight up and down but the bolts appear to be bent instead of the mounts. I did not get the car to the house today. The guy who is going to tow it for me only charges me $40. But its one of those whenever he has another tow near where the car is. If he can not tow it tomorrow I am going to get someone else to bring it to me. I will post some pictures of the break and the mounts tomorrow when it gets here.

·
Registered
2013 Impala LT
599 Posts
I was thinking the same thing before I jacked it up and looked at it yesterday. The body mounts look like they are are still straight up and down but the bolts appear to be bent instead of the mounts.

If it makes you feel any better, my car had the same issue before I bought it. Broke the sub frame right where the control arm mounts. Nothing else was bent, just needed to throw a new sub frame in there...so its certainly possible that yours is fine too.

·
Super Moderator
10,955 Posts
Definitely looks like it was a 3 ticket ride for sure. "Everybody into the front seat ! "
Yikes.

Have a chance to measure anything yet ?

Corner to corner, side to side etc ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Definitely looks like it was a 3 ticket ride for sure. "Everybody into the front seat ! "
Yikes.

Have a chance to measure anything yet ?

Corner to corner, side to side etc ?
No measurements yet. Car did not get to my house until around 3:30. Going to try and get some in the morning. Might have to wait until I drop the sub frame to get some accurate measurements though and measure hole to hole. The bolts look like maybe they are bent a little.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Almost looks like Cop Car VS Ditch. Ditch won.... Don't look to bad. After a new Sub i am sure you will have a nice car once all back together with some lights, bumper and fender.. For the Price you paid I would like 10 of them please lol...

James

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, the only parts I need to buy are the sub frame, a bumper cover, a head light and a tail light. I already have a lower control arm, and strut for that side. Also need 2 rims and tires. The rim on the right side has a big dent in it. The right fender is dented where the tire went into it and someone took the shock off the hood and opened it to far. That bent the back tips up but I can repair the hood and fender. Going to give it a good wash this morning and get all the dirt off it from sitting.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.