Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone.
I have a 2008 Impala LT with a 3.5 L engine.
I bought it with 17000 miles on it and and ready to change the oil at 22000.
About 3 weeks ago I had to add 1 qt of oil and again today it is low about 1/2 qt.
Is this normal for this engine?
The oil presently in it was from a GM Chevy dealer.
Will a different type of Oil help this situation or is this an indication of a problem.
This car was purchased as a Certified Chevy and still has a Bumper to Bumper warranty. Should I mention this to the dealer when he changes the oil?

I know I have lots of question , But I need lots of answers :dunno:

Thanks In advance
Augie:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Wait, if it's ready why not bring it to a shop to have an oil change? It's like $20.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
1. yes mention it to the dealer and make sure it is actually noted on your records.

2. so you added 1/2 quart in 3 weeks - we need to know how many miles were put on in that 3 weeks as well. If you put on 1k miles in 3 weeks, then GM would deem that normal oil usage regardless of what you or i may personally think. also, did you check the oil when you bought it to make sure it was filled at that time to the proper level?

3. Go get the oil changed and then closely monitor and document miles and oil usage.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I would have to agree with the previous posts. I would recommend mentioning this oil usage to the dealer when you take it in. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Try searching the forum using the "search" feature... The question has been answered in heavy detail multiple times.

Long story short, oil consumption is normal, but only certain amounts.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Try searching the forum using the "search" feature... The question has been answered in heavy detail multiple times.

Long story short, oil consumption is normal, but only certain amounts.
What he said. Searching will answer probably 95% of the questions you have.

Just sayin

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Then don't bunk on the newbies who revive insanely old threads - they know how to search...just sayin'. :)

p.s. I am feeling snarky today.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Lol, IK I just like messing around. (AND increasing my post count.)

Snarky? Believe it or not, Don don't know what means. lol

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Snarky = argumentative/bitchy

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wtf? There can be only one!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, the agents couldn't replicate without taking over someone else's form. This is sorcery, BURN THE WITCH!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I can sleep a little easier now, thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts