Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 lt 3.5 impala. Has 55k miles. The car is a pita to drive. I mean rpm fluctuations like 50 rpm small but very noticeable and annoying . I do not have loss of power or code shown on display. s never stalled though. . The car sticks with highest gear all the time till half way down pedal. First gear changes like at 20 mph ( used to be like 45 when car drove good) . Each time car changes gears rpm goes up 1k for sec but doesnt jolt car just engine. These issues gradually started like in a few weeks. Car also has popping sounds in front of car when stopping and acceleration. Also car uses oil. Would say a quart. I use 5w30 synthetic with 4k intervel changes ( car comp reads 20 percent oil left when i change) .some say normal to use oil but i have a 03 mustang mach 1 and doesnt burn use any oil. I alreadt had a sensor replaced it cost me over 200 dollar. This impala also has bad locks. The door locks wont unlock all the way. And now driver door is getting misaligned when closing.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Aaron, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you've been having these frustrations, and I'm available to document your feedback further and contact your dealer on your behalf if you would like a service appointment. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Banned
748 Posts
Also car uses oil. Would say a quart. I use 5w30 synthetic with 4k intervel changes ( car comp reads 20 percent oil left when i change) .some say normal to use oil but i have a 03 mustang mach 1 and doesnt burn use any oil. I alreadt had a sensor replaced it cost me over 200 dollar. This impala also has bad locks. The door locks wont unlock all the way. And now driver door is getting misaligned when closing.
Do you reset it after oil change ? If i am not mistaken it needs to be reset and the way this works is that the nearer you get to end of life of the oil, i think its time based rather than mile based, it shows lower and lower numbers faster compared to when it was recently refilled and reset, i think its a trick gm uses to put owners in panic mode so they refill it before doing any damage. :devil:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the same issue on my wife's 09 Impala LT 3.5 . I bought mine used with 55k miles and had this problem. It also had a hard gas petal which I switched out from one at the junk yard and solved both issues. Its been 12k seen I replaced the gas petal and have no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts